Census town (includes two villages, Meppayur and Kozhukkallur)
|• Type||LSG (local self government)|
|• Body||Grama Panchayath Board
President - P K ReenaVice President - K T Rajan
|• Total||23.41 km2 (9.04 sq mi)|
|• Total||26,747 (2,011); female 13,833, male 12,914; in Meppayur village 12,978 (6,694 female, 6,284 male); in Kozhukallur village 13,769 (7,139 female, 6,630 male)|
|• Density||1,142.5 = 1,143/km2 (0/sq mi)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||KL-77 (Perambra SRTO)|
Villages and desoms
There are two villages, Meppayur and Kozhukkallur. Meppayur Panchayath was formed in 1963.
Desams include Meppayur,Keezhpayur, Changaravelly, Kayalad, Narakkode, Nidumpoyil, Chavatta, Kozhukkallur, and Vilayattur
As of the 2011 India census Meppayur panchayath had a population of 12914 males and 13833 females, for a total of 26747, in 5531 households.
Meppayur is one of the noted cultural and political areas in Malabar. Earlier, Meppayur assembly constituency was part of Vatakara (Lok Sabha constituency). At the time of delimitation Meppayur LAC, was renamed as Kuttiady LAC. Mepapyur and Cheruvannur panchayaths were added to Perambra LAC. 
Meppayur area is situated between kottappuzha (Kuttiadippuzha) and Nelliadipuzha. Meppayur town is about 11 km away from NH 17 and 12 km away from Koyilandy Railway station.
Meppayur the capital and the clear centre of "OORU" named places. i.e., Thurayur (Thurayooru), Kozhukkallur (Kozhokkallooru), Keezhariyur, Naduvathur, Kalpathur, Cheruvannur, Keezhpayyur, Meppayyur, Ramallur, etc. the nearest places. Naduvannur, Karuvannur, Velliyur, Maniyur, Cherandathur, Keezhur etc. the surroundings.
Meppayur Sree Durga Bhagavathi Kshethram ,formerly known as Pishariyakal Sree Durga Bhagavathi Kshethram.One of the Maha kshetram in this category.Where Durga is in Vishnu chaythanya form with cam (Santha swaroopini)and blessing modality. Sree Puthiyedathu Paradevatha Kshethram. Kalaangot Sree Devi Mandapa Kshetram which belongs to Kalaangot Tharawad is famous for Gurusi Ulsavam. There are many temples (Saiva, Vaishnava, Devi, and others), mosques and Guruthi (Gurusi) kendras here.
- Govt. Vocational Higher Secondary School, Meppayur
- Vilayatoor Elampiladu Mappila U.P. School
- Meppayur ALP School
- Darul Huda English medium School-Manhakulam (Unaided)
- Keezhpayur AUP School, Keezhpayur, Meppayur
- Kizhppayur West L.P School,Kizhppayur.
Colleges and Post-matric Institutions
- Salafi Educational Institutions-Headquarters 
- Salafi TTI
- Salafi Private ITI (ITC)
- Salafi Arabic College
- Udaya College (Open Edn,Tution Centre)
- Viswabharathi College (Tution Centre)
Former Panchayat Presidents
- P K Narayanan Nambiar
- M K Chappan Nair
- Parachalil Kunhikannan (acting)
- K K Raghavan
- V K Kelappan Master
- P P Radhakrishnan
- K Kunhiraman
- A A Suprabha
Places of Interest
- Bus Stand (Private Bus Station)
- Public Health Centre, Meppayur(Govt. Hospital)
- Relief Clinic (Dr.Muhammad)
- Meppayur Police Station
- State Bank of India, Meppayur
- Post Office , Meppayur
- Federal Bank, Meppayur
- KDC Bank, Meppayur(Co operative)
- KSEB Section Office
- BSNL Office
- Nearest temple: Mangattummel Sree Paradevada (in town)
- Temple: Kalaangot Sree Kurumba Bhagavathy Mandapam Kshetram , Kalaangot Tharawad.
- Temple: Meppayur Sree Durga Bhagavathy Kshethram (Formerly known as Sree Pishariyakal Durga Kshethram)
- Temple: Sree Puthiyedath Paradevatha Kshethram
- Temple: Sree Edathil Paradevatha Temple (archeological possibilities)
- Temple: Koonam Velli kavue Sree Paradevada Temple
- Temple: Sree Thiruvangayoor Sivaksethram
- Temple: Sree Kozhukkallur Sivaksethram
- Temple: Sreekandamanasala Temple 
- Temple: Sree Ravattamangalam Mahavishnuksethram
- Temple: Ambalakulangara Kariyathan Temple vilayattoor Moottaparamb), 4 km
- Temple: Sree Kupperikavu Temple(4 km)
- Temple: Sree Edakkayil Temple
- Temple: Thevarkandi Mahavishnu Temple Manjakkulam Narakkode, 3 km
- Nearest Masjid: Meppayur Town Juma Masjid
- Manjakkulam industrial area
- Microwave Repeating Station
- 110 KV Sub Station Meppayur
- Petrol bunks: Manjakulam (1.5 km away from town); Near old post office/Wood Mill (east side of the town)
- ATMs : SBI, Federal Bank, KGB, all in the west side of the town(near post office & Govt. Hospital) Canara Bank ATM at nelliady road, KDC Bank ATM at perambra road.
How to reach there
- Meppayur is located about 10 km away from NH 17, nearest NH 17 (now NH 66) access is at Kollam near Koyilandy (southern side). Payyoli is another NH town, at 11 km distance (western side).
- Koyilandy [Station Code: QLD] - 12 km
- Vatakara [BDJ] - 21 km
- Payyoli [PYLI] - 11 Km
- Perambra (8 km)
- Payyoli (11km)
- Koyilandy (12 km)
- Ulliyeri (16 km)
- Kuttiady (20 km)
- Kozhikode (38 km)- City
Meppayur village connects to other parts of India through Koyilandy town. The nearest airports are at Kannur and Kozhikode. The nearest railway station is at Koyilandy. The national highway No.66 passes through Koyilandy and the northern stretch connects to Mangalore, Goa and Mumbai. The southern stretch connects to Cochin and Trivandrum. The eastern National Highway No.54 going through Kuttiady connects to Mananthavady, Mysore and Bangalore.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). Kerala. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2009. Retrieved 19 October 2008.
|This article related to a location in Kozhikode district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|