This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Products||Luxury Vehicles |
|15,538 units (2018)|
- 1 History
- 2 Manufacturing facilities
- 3 Mercedes-Benz Properties
- 4 Mercedes-Benz India’s first TV commercial
- 5 Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India
- 6 Sales and Service network
- 7 Mercedes-Benz Certified
- 8 Sales Performance
- 9 Models
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Daimler entered the Indian market and established Mercedes-Benz India Ltd in 1994. The company was renamed DaimlerChrysler India Pvt. Ltd. after the merger of the parent company Daimler with Chrysler. After DaimlerChrysler demerged from Chrysler in 2007, it changed its name to Daimler AG. As a result, DaimlerChrysler India was renamed Mercedes-Benz India once again. Mercedes-Benz India is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Daimler AG. Mercedes-Benz India pioneered the luxury car market in India. The company is headquartered in Chakan, Pune, Maharashtra. Mercedes-Benz was recognised as India's Most Admired Company in a survey by Fortune India magazine in 2013 under the reign of former Managing Director and CEO, Mr. Peter Honegg.  In 2015 the brand was adjudged Economic Times' Brand Equity's, 'India's Most Exciting Brand' and topped the survey in automotive four-wheeler category. The company has received the highest rank in the J.D. Power 2018 India Customer Service Index (CSI) study in the luxury car segment.
Spread over 100 acres at Chakan, Maharashtra, this plant was set up in 2015 and is among the fastest green-field operations ever to be created and is rated as one of the top-most CKD plants of Mercedes-Benz globally.
Other major facilities across India
Mercedes-Benz India has built brand awareness through a series of consumer-centric engagement events in India. These include MercedesTrophy and Drive Events like AMG Driving Academy and Luxe Drive.
The MercedesTrophy is an international three-tier structured amateur golf series where amateur golfers compete to qualify for the MercedesTrophy World Final in Stuttgart (Germany). In 2014, the 15th edition of MercedesTrophy India, witnessed participation from over 2,500 golfing aficionados in 13 cities.
AMG Driving Academy
This driving academy assists customers to hone their driving skills in performance cars in the country's only F1 race track at Greater Noida. The ADA offers the ‘Basic’ and the Advanced course in India. The ADA was inaugurated in 2012.
International Driving Platform
Motoring enthusiasts get an opportunity to drive the high-performance AMG cars on ice and challenging international locations.
Mercedes-Benz India’s first TV commercial
In a series of ‘firsts’, Mercedes-Benz India launched its first made-in-India TVC ‘Ah My God’ marking the launch of India's first Compact Performance Sedan, the CLA 45 AMG in July 2014.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India
Mercedes-Benz established its largest research & development center outside Germany with the launch of its Bangalore R&D center in 1996. MBRDI with its location in Bangalore and Pune shows Daimler's strong commitment to India as a location for production, R&D and for IT. MBRDI is Daimler's "Think Tank" in India. Currently 6,500 engineers and IT-specialists are employed by MBRDI.
Sales and Service network
Mercedes-Benz India currently has the widest network reach for any luxury car maker in India: in 47 cities with 96 outlets.
Mercedes-Benz also inaugurated in three AMG Performance Centres (APC) in Delhi, Bangalore & Mumbai in 2014 and added two more APCs in 2015 in Hyderabad and Pune. and two more APCs in 2017 in Chennai and Cochin. These APCs provide an exclusive AMG brand experience to the customers and enthusiasts.
In 2014, the company reportedly witnessed a growth in sales of about 13% at 10,201 units as compared to the previous year. The company expects a double digit growth in 2015 owing to qualitative network expansion strategy. Mercedes-Benz India opened a new dealership in Jamshedpur and plans on opening 14 more dealerships in 2015 to reach over 80 outlets in total by the end of 2015.
Mercedes-Benz launched its new Pre-Owned car brand, ‘Mercedes-Benz Certified’ in India in December 2014 by the simultaneous inauguration of 12 new ‘Mercedes-Benz Certified’ outlets across India. ‘Mercedes-Benz Certified’ will provide customers a new destination for taking home a Mercedes-Benz car. The new brand will provide the pre-owned car customers an experience equivalent to a new car purchase, offering high-end facilities, infrastructure, tailor-made financing options, warranty and service packages. This new brand is designed specifically for the Indian market.
In 2016, Mercedes-Benz's growth strategy for the year will revolve around the slogan "Winning with Mercedes-Benz". In the Jan-December 2015 period Mercedes-Benz India registered a historic 32% year-on-year growth by selling 13502 units. For the third consecutive year, Mercedes-Benz India has witnessed a double digit growth. Mercedes-Benz to launch 12 models and 10 new outlets in 2016. Mercedes-Benz India recorded retail sales of 15,538 units in the period January-Dec 2018.
Models Assembled in India
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class
- Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class
- Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Mercedes S500
Models launched in 2019
Models launched in 2016
- C 220 CDI
- B-Class facelift
- A200 CDI performance upgrade
- G63 AMG
- AMG S 63 Sedan
- C63 S AMG
- AMG GT S
- E400 Cabriolet
- CLS 250 CDI
- C 220 CDI (locally made)
- S 600 Guard
- S 500 Coupe
- S 63 AMG
- A 180 Sport
Models launched in 2015
- New CLA-Class compact sedan
- B-Class face-lift
- Diesel variants of the New C-Class sedan
- New C63 AMG performance sedan
- New CLS-Class 4-door coupe
- New E-Class cabriolet
- MLC-Class coupe-SUV
- New GLC-Class compact-SUV
- GLS-Class – Re-designed and re-badged GL-Class SUV
- New S-Class coupe
- Maybach – Mercedes’ flagship brand will be back in the form of an ultra-luxurious S-Class with a longer wheelbase.
- Mercedes-AMG GT sportscar
- CarDekho Team (19 July 2013). "News Mercedes-Benz Ranked #1 Automotive Company in 'India's Most Admired Companies' Survey".
- "Most Exciting Brands 2015: Categories which rocked this year". timesofindia-economictimes.
- "Mercedes-Benz India tops 2018 JD Power CSI index in the luxury segment". autocarpro. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- Overdrive (11 June 2009). "Mercedes-Benz India starts phase II production in Chakan". Firstpost.
- "Mercedes-Benz announces local manufacturing of the new S-Class 350 CDI in India, backed by high demand of the new S-Class". Archived from the original on 20 January 2015.
- Shally Seth Mohile (25 April 2016). "Mercedes Benz opens new R&D centre in Bengaluru". Livemint. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Mercedes Benz Driving Academy". Autocar India.
- "Mercedes-Benz rolls out first ever India-specific TVC".
- NDTV Auto Team (9 December 2014). "Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Inaugurates Second Facility in Bangalore". CarAndBike.
- News, Nagpur. "Mercedes-Benz India reinforces its presence in Nagpur; inaugurates two outlets in one day". www.nagpurtoday.in. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- Prithvi Radhakrishna (9 February 2015). "Mercedes Benz unveil Jharkhand dealership".
- "Mercedes AMG Performance Centre now in Pune, Hyderabad". RushLane.
- "Mercedes-Benz India puts Kochi and Chennai on Mercedes-AMG's global footprint". www.mercedes-benz.co.in. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- PTI (13 December 2014). "Mercedes-Benz inaugurates dealership outlet in Madurai". Zee News. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- Gupta, Nandini Sen (16 May 2014). "Mercedes-Benz India launches AMG Performance Centre in Bangalore". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- "Mercedes Benz inaugurates a new dealership in India, more 14 due to open in 2015". CarTrade. 9 February 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- PTI (20 December 2014). "Mercedes-Benz India Launches New Brand for Old Cars". CarAndBike.
- "Mercedes-Benz posts 32% growth in 2015".
- Ghosh, Malyaban (9 January 2019). "Mercedes-Benz's India car sales rise 1.4% in 2018". Livemint. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- "Mercedes-Benz to locally assemble Maybach S500 at Pune plant". 26 September 2015.
- Jaipur (12 January 2016). "Mercedes-Benz to Launch 12 New Models in 2016" – via Business Standard.
- "15 new models in 2015, says Mercedes-Benz India". 9 January 2015.
- Official website
- Drive Events
- The stylish and luxurious Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class makes its grand India debut: Set to reinterpret the luxury SUV segment
- Mercedes-Benz intensifies its product offensive: rolls out the "Intelligent Superpower", the new E 350 CDI
- Mercedes-Benz India wins the largest luxuery car order from Carzonrent India Pvt. Ltd