Merchants National Bank (Saint Paul)
Merchants National Bank
|Location||366-368 Jackson Street|
Saint Paul, Minnesota
|Architectural style||Richardsonian Romanesque|
|NRHP reference #||74001036|
|Added to NRHP||December 19, 1974|
The Merchants National Bank or Brooks Building is a commercial building in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States, built and opened in 1892 as a financial center in St. Paul's Lowertown neighborhood at the corner of Jackson Street and Fifth Street. The structure, designed by Edward Bassford, uses sandstone in a Richardsonian Romanesque style. The ground floor was occupied by an influential bank, while the upper stories provided law offices. Several office tenants went on to great state or national prominence, including Cushman Kellogg Davis, Cordenio Severance, Frank B. Kellogg, Pierce Butler, and William D. Mitchell. For many years, the building was known as the McColl Building. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The four-story structure was carefully rehabilitated and restored by David A. Brooks, and the building now carries his family name.
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Nord, Mary Ann (2003). The National Register of Historic Places in Minnesota. Minnesota Historical Society. ISBN 0-87351-448-3.
- VanBrocklin, Lynne; Thomas J. Lutz (1974-10-15). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Merchants National Bank Building" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved 2013-04-27.