Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Year
- Not to be confused with the Mid-American Conference (MAC) Men's Basketball Player of the Year.
|MAAC Men's Basketball Player of the Year|
|Given for||the most outstanding basketball player in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference|
|Most recent||Cameron Young, Quinnipiac|
The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) Men's Basketball Player of the Year is a basketball award given to the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference's most outstanding player. The award was first given following the 1981–82 season. Four players have won the award multiple times: Steve Burtt, Luis Flores and Justin Robinson each won twice, while Lionel Simmons won three times. Simmons, along with winning his third MAAC Player of the Year award, was also the consensus National Player of the Year in 1990.
There has been one tie in the award's history, in 2017–18.
|†||Co-Players of the Year|
|*||Awarded a national Player of the Year award: |
Helms Foundation College Basketball Player of the Year (1904–05 to 1978–79)
UPI College Basketball Player of the Year (1954–55 to 1995–96)
Naismith College Player of the Year (1968–69 to present)
John R. Wooden Award (1976–77 to present)
|Player (X)||Denotes the number of times the player has been awarded the MAAC Player of the Year award at that point|
Winners by school
|School (year joined)||Winners||Years|
|Iona (1981)||8||1983, 1984, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2012, 2013, 2015|
|Siena (1989)||5||1991, 1994, 2009, 2010, 2011|
|Canisius (1989)||4||1995, 1996, 2014, 2018†|
|La Salle (1981)[a]||4||1988, 1989, 1990, 1992|
|Niagara (1989)||4||1999, 2001, 2005, 2018†|
|Manhattan (1981)||3||1993, 2003, 2004|
|Army (1981)[b]||2||1985, 1987|
|Monmouth (2013)||2||2016, 2017|
|Rider (1995)||2||2002, 2008|
|Saint Peter's (1981)||2||1982, 2006|
|Loyola (MD) (1989)[c]||0||—|
- a La Salle was a member until they left to join the Atlantic 10 Conference in 1995.
- b Army was a charter member in 1981, but left for the Patriot League in 1990.
- c Loyola left for the Patriot League in 2013.
- "Men's Basketball All-MAAC Awards". MAAC Sports. 7 March 2007. Archived from the original on 12 March 2009. Retrieved 5 September 2009.