Michael Reilly (New York politician)
|Member of the New York State Assembly|
from the 62nd district
|Assumed office |
January 3, 2019
|Preceded by||Ronald Castorina|
|Born||January 30, 1973|
Staten Island, New York
|Residence||Staten Island, New York|
|Alma mater||John Jay College, (BS)|
Michael W. Reilly Jr. (born January 30, 1973) is a member of the New York State Assembly, representing the 62nd district since 2019. He is a Republican. The district includes portions of the South shore of Staten Island. Reilly formerly served in the United States Army Reserve and was an officer with the New York City Police Department. He previously served as well as the president of the Community Education Council for southern Staten Island. He has a BS in Legal Studies from John Jay College. He resides in Eltingville with his wife and family.
In 2018 Assemblyman Ronald Castorina opted to not seek re-election in order to run for a judgeship. Reilly, in a three way primary, easily defeated his two opponents to claim the Republican nomination. He won the general election with nearly 90% of the vote.
- Kashiwagi, Sydney (2018-09-14). "Michael Reilly decisively wins South Shore Assembly primary". silive.com. Retrieved 2019-08-24.
- Michel, Clifford (2018-04-10). "Michael Reilly is running for the South Shore Assembly seat". silive.com. Retrieved 2019-08-24.
- "Michael Reilly Announces Run For Assembly Seat". www.ny1.com. Retrieved 2019-08-24.
- Michel, Clifford (2018-03-09). "Castorina to run for Surrogate's Court, won't seek re-election to Assembly". silive.com. Retrieved 2019-08-24.
- "Our Campaigns - NY Assembly 62 - R Primary Race - Sep 13, 2018". www.ourcampaigns.com. Retrieved 2019-08-24.