Mile End railway station (London)
|Number of platforms||2|
|Original company||Eastern Counties Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Great Eastern Railway|
|Replaced by||Bethnal Green Junction|
|London transport portal|
Shoreditch station was later renamed Bishopsgate, and an additional station called Bishopsgate (Low Level) opened preceding Mile End.
In 1872 a new connection between Liverpool Street, which by then was the new terminus of the Great Eastern Railway, and Hackney Downs was opened and Mile End station was closed and replaced by Bethnal Green Junction just 10 chains (0.20 km) to the west, which later became known simply as Bethnal Green.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Bishopsgate (Low Level)||Great Eastern Railway||Coborn Road|
- Forgotten Stations of Great London by J.E.Connor and B.Halford- page 67