Milenka Peña is a television and radio journalist, producer and broadcaster in the Chicago area, also well known in many Latin-American countries. She is also a writer and a public speaker, participating as a key-note speaker in national and international events and conferences.
Milenka Peña began her career in broadcasting communications, music and acting at a very early age in Bolivia, her native country, making her debut as an entertainer and performer on both national and international levels since she was only four years old.
Years later, while completing her professional studies in Broadcasting Communications and Journalism, Milenka continued her career as the producer, anchor and on-air host of several well-known radio and television programs, as well as hosting a variety of events and contributing as a writer to magazines and newspapers.
She was the recipient of many important recognitions, among them, Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Achievement for Individual Excellence in Camera and Best News Anchor, given by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. She also received the coveted Silver Dome Award by the Illinois News Broadcasters Association.
Milenka currently participates as a key-note speaker in national and international events and conferences. She also works as an independent professional on television and radio productions with various international networks, reaching an audience of millions of people daily. Milenka is one of the main guest hosts of the Spanish broadcasting of Focus on the Family, "Enfoque a la Familia", as well as the producer and host of international TV and radio projects with various networks, like CBN, the Christian Broadcasting Network, Genesis TV, CVC La Voz, and others. She hosts her own syndicated radio show "Apasionante con Milenka Peña".
Peña worked as the Continental Media Director of Global Freedom Concepts and El Instituto para la Cultura Financiera, organizations dedicated to equip people worldwide to learn, apply, and teach solid principles about wholesome financial administration. Milenka also worked as the Coordinator of the Spanish Broadcasting of Moody Radio Chicago, as well as directing and hosting “Nuevo Pulso con Milenka Peña”, a weekly radio show that focuses on issues currently facing the Latino culture. The program also offers music, humor, contests and interviews with relevant guests, providing the Hispanic audience with a family-friendly alternative.
Milenka is married to Van DenHartog since 1995. They have two sons, Brandon and Dylan.
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish) YouTube Video From Living Waters with Milenka Peña
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish) Article about outstanding Bolivian immigrants around the world. - From the book Bolivianos en el Mundo by international journalist Edwin Perez Uberhuaga
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish) Enlace Bolivia: "Destacados" - Article about Bolivian child stars and TV shows
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish) "Bolivianas Cientificas, Artistas, Politicas y Periodistas Triunfan en EEUU" - Article about famous Bolivian women and their achievements in the USA
- ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish) "Teleguia Chicago - Chismes Candentes del Espectáculo" - Spanish TV Guide - Gossip and News
-  Chicago Sun-Times article about Telemundo News Anchors.
Milenka Hosts "Nuevo Pulso"
Milenka joins Moody Radio Chicago
New Addition to GFC - Milenka Peña as Continental Media Director