Miners' Convalescent Home, Blackpool
|Miners' Convalescent Home|
|Architect||Bradshaw Gass & Hope|
|Designated||23 November 1995|
The Miners' Convalescent Home was a convalescent home for miners in the seaside resort of Blackpool, Lancashire, England. It was built 1925–27 for Lancashire and Cheshire miners and was opened by Edward, Prince of Wales. In 1995, English Heritage designated the home a Grade II listed building.
The building was designed by Bolton architecture firm Bradshaw Gass & Hope in the Baroque Revival style. It has a symmetrical plan and is on three storeys. It is constructed of red brick with terracotta dressings; the hipped roofs are slate. The central bays are recessed between projecting wings. Towards the rear of the building there is a tower with an ogee cap.
- Blackpool Gazette (2007), Blackpool: Then and Now, At Heart Ltd, ISBN 1-84547-153-9
- Champness, John (1989), Lancashire's Architectural Heritage: An Anthology of Fine Buildings, Lancashire County Planning Dept., ISBN 0-902228-71-4
- Hartwell, Clare; Pevsner, Nikolaus (2009) , Lancashire: North, New Haven and London: Yale University Press, ISBN 0-300-12667-0
- Walton, John K. (1998), Backpool, Edinburgh University Press, ISBN 1-85331-215-0
- Media related to Miners' Convalescent Home, Blackpool at Wikimedia Commons