|Parent||Able C&C Co., Ltd.|
In August 2009, the luxury Missha Homme Urban Soul line was launched with higher quality and are more expensive than the existing two men's cosmetic lines.
In August 2012, as part of Lotte Department Store's expansion programme into China, a replica of Seoul’s main shopping district Myeong-dong was featured in its new store in Tianjin, with outlets of Missha, The Face Shop and Skin Food.
Missha products range from makeup, skin care, to body and hair products; such as All-Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk SPF 50, Cool Fitting Body Gel and Hot Burning Body Gel.
Missha is also known for making high quality, lower cost duplications of more expensive brands. For example, the Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence is a popular duplication of luxury brand essence SK-II, and the Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule is a popular duplicate of the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair.
Missha changed it's brand identity at 2018, and it's new brand essence is SIMPLE(including the meaning of true, bold, edge).
This section relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Opened its first store in Brunei
On August 1, 2011 it was announced that South Korean boyband duo TVXQ signed on as advertisement models for Missha in Korea and started their official promotions that month. On choosing TVXQ, Able-CNC Marketing said "TVXQ’s powerful and luxurious image coupled with their passion for bringing new ideas to the stage perfectly fits the brand image of ‘Missha’ to a T. With TVXQ, Missha aims to become a global cosmetic brands in conjunction with the Hallyu wave, and thus become leaders of the international market".
On 14 August 2012, Missha launched a new limited-edition TVXQ perfume set and had a special fan signing event at the Missha store in Myeong-dong. On September 10, 2012, Missha announced that the duo had again signed an exclusive contract with them to represent the brand worldwide and that their advertisements would soon be featured in some 1,000 stores across Asia.
- 2003 to 2006 and 2013: BoA. Recently Missha was announced that South Korean actor In-seong Jo signed on as advertisement model for Missha in Korea.
On August 22, 2007, a court ruled Missha was guilty of trademark infringement against Mary Quant Cosmetics. Missha's original flower logo was determined to be too similar to the Mary Quant Daisy logo. Missha was fined ₩3 million and the ruling stated that "Although Missha’s trademark combines a diagram and letters and has different colors compared to the trademark of the Mary Quant Cosmetics, there are reasonable concerns that the identical shapes of the diagrams could hurt the brand recognition of the plaintiff and may confuse customers". The company was required to change its logo, because under Korean copyright law, companies cannot use symbols that are similar in shape to a previously-registered trademark but only differ in color.
On January 2, 2015, all 20 Missha stores in Hong Kong and Macau were closed and all staff left the stores the same day. Various notices were posted at the stores, stating that "Missha is no longer available to serve you. We apologize for any inconvenience caused" and "under construction".
According to a local newspaper, Apple Daily, an employee received a WhatsApp message from a head-office colleague at about noon, saying that "The boss is gone. Everyone can leave." As reported, Missha owes the former staff over HK$1 million for salary and severance payments.
- Song, Ji-hye (17 August 2009). "Luxury cosmetics, with a male bent". Joongang Daily. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Kim, Jung-yoon (31 August 2012). "New dawn rising for Lotte in China". Joongang Daily. Archived from the original on 18 June 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- Garcia, Cathy Rose A. (6 June 2010). "Natural, slender, no-tan looks are hot for this summer". Korea Times. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Skincare Smackdown: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence vs. Missha First Treatment Essence". Retrieved 2015-08-22.
- "Skincare Smackdown: Missha Time Revolution Science Activator Ampoule vs. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum". Retrieved 2015-08-22.
- "미샤 > 미샤인포 > 브랜드 스토리". missha.beautynet.co.kr. Retrieved 2019-04-15.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-02-18. Retrieved 2012-07-24.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Sunwoo, Carla (16 August 2012). "TVXQ's new scent brings out fans in droves". Joongang Daily. Archived from the original on 21 December 2012. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Sunwoo, Carla (11 September 2012). "TVXQ to represent Missha worldwide". Joongang Daily. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Ho, Stewart (6 November 2012). "BoA Becomes New Face of Cosmetics Brand, Missha". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- sung, chorong (2013-09-02). "Missha, new brand model is Inseong Jo". Financial News.
- "Top 10 Korean Skincare Products That Are Always Sold Out!!". Factcraze. June 2019.
- Seo, Ji-eun (6 September 2006). "Cosmetics company guilty of copying a rival's logo". Jongang Daily. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Missha.|