Mitcham Stadium was a multi use sports stadium in Mitcham, London. Uses included rugby league, athletics and greyhound racing. The stadium is not to be confused with the former Sandy Lane ground owned by Tooting and Mitcham FC which was nearby.
The stadium was simply called the Mitcham Stadium and was used from 1935 until 1955. It had covered grandstands along both straights and one of the straights was slightly extended. The stadium had a capacity of 60,000 and was owned by Sydney Parkes (a greyhound track owner). The stadium was replaced by housing in 1955 and is now occupied by Ormerod Gardens.
Some greyhound racing took place during 1936 and 1937. The track was a short lived independent (unaffiliated to a governing body). The racing ended after the owner Sydney Parker was refused a racing licence.
- "OS Plan 1953". Old Maps.
- "OS County Series, Surrey 1935". Old Maps.
- "Mitcham Stadium". UK Running Track Directory.
- "Fire in a post box". West London Observer. 1936.
- "Sports grounds on either side of Sandy Lane, Mitcham, 1937". Britain from Above.
- "London Mitcham Stadium". Greyhound Derby.com.
- Barnes, Julia (1988). Daily Mirror Greyhound Fact File. Ringpress Books. p. 418. ISBN 0-948955-15-5.
- "Rugby League: Broncos' rocky route to stardom". Independent.
- "Fulham's Future, April". Leeds Mercury. 1938.