Mmuseumm is a modern natural history museum located in lower Manhattan in New York City, dedicated to its signature curatorial style of "Object Journalism." The first two locations are on Cortlandt Alley between Franklin Street and White Street, sometimes known as Mmuseumm Alley. Mmuseumm is dedicated to the curation and exhibition of contemporary artifacts to illustrate the modern world. Mmuseumm's first wing, Mmuseumm 1, opened in 2012 in a former elevator shaft. The second wing, Mmuseumm 2, opened in 2015 three doors down. It was founded by Alex Kalman, son of Maira Kalman, and the Safdie brothers. The museum is accessible 24 hours a day via peepholes in its door.
- "Collections from, and about, the". Retrieved 2016-08-10.
- NYC-ARTS Full Episode: September 17, 2015 (video). THIRTEEN - New York Public Media. Retrieved 2015-11-26.
- Seen in NY: Mmuseumm (video). Vialogues. Retrieved 2015-11-26.
- Barron, James (21 April 2019). "This Tiny Museum Fits Inside an Elevator Shaft" – via NYTimes.com.
- Robbins, Liz (2013-08-09). "Museum, All 60 Square Feet of It, Celebrates the Eccentric". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-11-20.
- Jr, Ralph Gardner (1 June 2015). "Tiny Downtown Museum Expands With New Exhibit" – via www.wsj.com.
- Semuels, By Alana. "Tiny museum in New York showcases everyday objects". latimes.com.
- The Paris Review article
- Sara Berman's Closet at the Met Museum -New York Times, 2017-03-03
- Mmuseumm - official site