The elevated Montague Station from street level in 2018
|Location||Capitol Avenue at Montague Expressway|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Connections||The Milpitas BART station will be located across a pedestrian bridge.|
|Rebuilt||July 28, 2017|
The station opened in 2004 as part of the second phase of VTA's Tasman East light rail extension.
|Platform||Northbound||← Santa Teresa (Great Mall/Main)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Southbound||Alum Rock (Cropley) →|
There are no bus connections at this station. VTA bus route 59, which previously served this station, was discontinued on January 14, 2008 as a result of updates to VTA bus service.
Future BART station
Together with Milpitas station, Montague is intended to become a transfer station between VTA light rail and BART as part of the Silicon Valley BART extension. On March 23, 2015 the station was closed for reconstruction of the existing stairs, elevator modifications, installation of a new escalator and construction of a deck connecting the bridge to the future Milpitas BART Station until August 31, 2015. The station was scheduled to close again for three months starting on January 30, 2017 to facilitate construction of the transit facility, but it is postponed until further notice. On May 15, 2017, VTA announced that instead of a 3-month closure, the station will be closed for two months, starting May 22, 2017. The station reopened on July 28, 2017 at 4 p.m.
- "Tasman East/Capitol Project Description". Completed projects. VTA. 2008-05-12. Retrieved 2008-11-16.
- "VTA+Next+Network+Draft+Plan+(Weekday,+Weekend+Existing).pdf" (PDF). VTA. January 3, 2017. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- Childress, Brandi (March 12, 2015). "Montague Light Rail Station to Close Temporarily for Five Months due to VTA's BART Silicon Valley Project Construction". VTA. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- Montague Light Rail Station Closure - Spring 2015 - YouTube. BART Silicon Valley. March 12, 2015. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- Montague Light Rail Station Reopened - Fall 2015 - YouTube. BART Silicon Valley. March 12, 2015. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "Milpitas: VTA to temporarily close Montague Light Rail Station". San Jose Mercury News. January 26, 2017. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- Montague Light Rail Station Closure: Winter 2017 - YouTube. BART Silicon Valley. January 24, 2017. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "POSTPONED: Montague Light Rail Station Temporary Three-Month Closure". VTA. January 26, 2017. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "Montague Light Rail Station Temporary Two-Month Closure". VTA. May 15, 2017. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
Media related to Montague station at Wikimedia Commons
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Santa Clara County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|