|Grand Northern Trunk Road (NH 5)|
Madhavaram High Road
Tondiarpet High Road
|Opened||13 November 2015|
|Maintained by||National Highway Authority of India|
Moolakadai Junction is an important road junction in Chennai, India. It is located at Moolakadai at the intersection of the Grand Northern Trunk Road (NH 5), Madhavaram High Road, Tondiarpet High Road, Kamaraj Road.
Moolakadai is primarily a high traffic area in North Chennai due to the movement of Heavy vehicles (mainly containers) as most of those heavy vehicles have to pass through Moolakadai in order to reach the Chennai Port.
For those who come from South Chennai, Moolakadai acts as the gateway to the areas like
History of moolakadai was that once a tea shop was situated corner of all three side roads connecting spot which used renowned landmark of that period Madhavaram, Kodungaiyur, Madhavaram Milk Colony, Mathur MMDA, Manali, Vyasarpadi, Puzhal, Redhills, Karanodai.
The Flyover constructing work is started by January 2011.
On 4 May 2015, the state government of Tamil Nadu informed Madras High Court that the bridge should be opened for public in 3 months.
Opened for Public Service
- Madhavaram Junction
- Koyambedu Junction
- Kathipara Junction
- Padi Junction
- Maduravoyal Junction
- Irumbuliyur Junction
- Madhya Kailash Junction
- "Flyover work at Moolakadai all set to start". The Times of India. Chennai. 24 January 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Flyover work at Land acquisition delay hits Moolakadai flyover work". The Times of India. Chennai. 5 August 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- "Moolakadai flyover delay angers residents". The Times of India. Chennai. 8 August 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "3 Months for Bridge Opening". The New Indian Express. 5 May 2015. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Jayalalithaa inaugurates three flyovers". Chennai: The Hindu. 14 November 2015. Retrieved 15 November 2015.
- "Jayalalithaa opens three flyovers in Chennai". The Times of India. Chennai. 13 November 2015. Retrieved 15 November 2015.
- "Chennai Relieved, as CM Opens Three Flyovers". Chennai: The New Indian Express. 14 November 2015. Retrieved 15 November 2015.