Mossley railway station
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Key dates||Opened 1 August 1849|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Mossley from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
The station is a small, two-platform station, with the only on-site services being a ticket office that is staffed during weekday and Saturday mornings/early afternoons (Monday - Friday 06:45 - 14:20, Saturday 07:45 - 15:00). Outside of these times, tickets must be purchased on the train or prior to travel. There is a waiting room on the southbound platform and a waiting shelter on the northbound side. Train running details are provided by telephone and timetable posters.
Disabled access to the station is limited, with wheelchair provision only being made for the Huddersfield to Manchester platform. As the Manchester to Huddersfield platform is accessible through a single staircase, disabled passengers often find it easier to travel on to Huddersfield and then disembark at Mossley on the opposite platform when the train makes its return journey.
Mossley was (until May 2018) served by an hourly Northern service from Manchester Victoria to Huddersfield throughout the week, including Sundays, with some additional services during weekday peak hours. A few services extended to/from Leeds eastbound and to Wigan Wallgate or Southport westbound.
The more frequent TransPennine Express service, from Liverpool Lime Street or Manchester Airport, passes through Mossley without stopping. From the May 2018 timetable change however, TPE became the main operator serving the station. They provide an hourly express service (including Sundays) to Huddersfield, Leeds & Hull eastbound and to Stalybridge & Manchester Piccadilly westbound. Northern now provide a limited weekday peak hour service to Manchester Piccadilly and Huddersfield. Passengers wishing to travel to Manchester Victoria and points west must change at Stalybridge.
- Mossley (Manchester) station facilities National Rail Enquiries
- "Stations in line for posh new look". Tameside Advertiser. Manchester: Guardian Media Group. 17 April 2002. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Full steam ahead for Mossley station group". Tameside Advertiser. Manchester: Trinity Mirror plc. 12 February 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- Table 39 National Rail timetable, May 2017
- North Route Timetables - Major changes from 20 May 2018 TransPennine Express website news article; Retrieved 7 May 2018
- "Mossley facelift". RAIL. No. 297. EMAP National Publications. 29 January – 11 February 1997. p. 15. ISSN 0953-4563. OCLC 49953699.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mossley railway station.|
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|