Mosspark railway station
|Scottish Gaelic: Pàirc na Mòna|
Mosspark station in August 2011
|Place||Pollok and Cardonald|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Passenger Transport Executive|
|Original company||London Midland and Scottish Railway|
|1 March 1934||Opened as Mosspark West|
|6 May 1974||Renamed Mosspark|
|10 January 1983||Closed|
|28 July 1990||Reopened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Mosspark from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK railways portal|
Mosspark railway station serves the Pollok and Cardonald areas of Glasgow, Scotland. The station is on the Paisley Canal Line, 3¾ miles (6 km) west of Glasgow Central and is managed by Abellio ScotRail.
The station was opened as Mosspark West by the London Midland and Scottish Railway on 1 March 1934. There was however no Mosspark East. British Railways renamed the station Mosspark from 6 May 1974. On 10 January 1983, the station was closed to passengers, although the line was retained for freight services. The station reopened as part of the reinstatement of passenger services to Paisley Canal on 28 July 1990.
Currently the service pattern Mondays-Saturdays is:
- 2tph to Glasgow Central
- 2tph to Paisley Canal
There is one train per hour in each direction on Sundays.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Paisley Canal Line
|Crookston||London Midland and Scottish Railway
Paisley Canal Line
- Brailsford 2017, Gaelic/English Station Index.
- Butt (1995), page 164
- Brailsford, Martyn, ed. (December 2017) . Railway Track Diagrams 1: Scotland & Isle of Man (6th ed.). Frome: Trackmaps. ISBN 978-0-9549866-9-8.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.