This article possibly contains original research. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location of Munshiganj in Bangladesh
|• Total||1,004.29 km2 (387.76 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,700/sq mi)|
|Demonym(s)||Munshiganji, Munshigonji, Bikrampuri, Dhakai, Dhakaiya|
|Time zone||UTC+06:00 (BST)|
Total land area is 235974 acres (954 km2), out of which 138472 acres (560 km2) are cultivable and 5609 acres (23 km2) are fallow land. It has no forest area. 40277 acres (163 km2) of land is irrigated while 26242 acres (106 km2) of land is under river. It has 14 rivers of 155 km passing through.
The district consists of 6 upazilas:
- Lohajang Upazila
- Sreenagar Upazila
- Munshiganj Sadar Upazila
- Sirajdikhan Upazila
- Tongibari Upazila
- Gazaria Upazila
- M. Hamidullah Khan, Bangladesh Forces, Sector Commander, Sector 11, Bangladesh War of Independence 1971
- Jagadish Chandra Bose, Great Bengali physicist
- Badal Gupta, revolutionary against British India
- Benoy Basu, revolutionary against British India
- Dinesh Gupta, revolutionary against British India
- Sarojini Naidu, Politician
- Chittaranjan Das
Social & Scientific
- Chashi Nazrul Islam - artist
- Humayun Azad, linguistic scientist, poet and novelist 
- Durga Mohan Das, Brahmo reformer
- Dwarkanath Ganguly, Brahmo reformer
Art, Culture & Sports
- Brojen Das, the first Bangladeshi and Asian to swim across the English Channel, and the first person to cross it four times
- Imdadul Haq Milan, writer and media personality
- Buddhadeb Bosu‚ writer, poet, playwright, essayist
- Ananta Jalil, actor, director, producer, businessman, and philanthropist
- Tahsan Rahman Khan, singer-songwriter, composer, actor, teacher, and model.
- A. N. M. Hamidullah, First Governor, Bangladesh Bank 
- Fakhruddin Ahmed, former chief adviser, Non-Party Caretaker Government of Bangladesh, 2007–2008.
- Iajuddin Ahmed, former President of Bangladesh
- A.Q.M. Badruddoza Chowdhury, former shortest term appointed President of Bangladesh
- M. A. Naser, pioneer in Engineering Education, former Vice Chancellor or BUET, Ekushey Padak recipient
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Munshiganj District.|
- "Bangladesh Government 1995 - Flags, Maps, Economy, Geography, Climate, Natural Resources, Current Issues, International Agreements, Population, Social Statistics, Political System". theodora.com. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
- Ratantanu Ghosh (2012). "Munshiganj District". In Sirajul Islam; Ahmed A. Jamal (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- S.M. Saidur Rahman. "Golden Bangladesh - Login". goldenbangladesh.com. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
- "M Hamidullah Khan". bengalrenaissance.com. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
- Frontline Web page Archived 2009-02-03 at the Wayback Machine
- "Bangladeshi Novels Web page". bangladeshinovels.com. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
- Taiyab A. Sheikh. ":: Munshigonj District | Famous | A. N. Hamidullah ::". munshigonj.com. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
- "Interview with Bangladesh's leader Fakhruddin Ahmed - TIME". time.com. 2007-03-22. Retrieved 2015-06-22.