My Fortune, Chennai
Formerly Chola Sheraton , My Fortune
|Hotel chain||ITC Welcomgroup Hotels, Palaces and Resorts|
|Address||10, Cathedral Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 086, India|
|Opening||18 October 1975|
|Height||39.75 m (130.4 ft)|
|Number of rooms||90|
WelcomHotel, Chennai is a five-star luxury hotel located at Cathedral Road in Chennai, India. Formerly known as Hotel Chola Sheraton, My Fortune Chennai is the first hotel to be launched under ITC's brand "My Fortune". My Fortune, Chennai is an ISO 14001–certified hotel for its environment management systems. It is one of the hotels licensed by ITC Hotels Limited.
WelcomHotel Chola Sheraton (Tamil: சோழா ஷெரட்டன்), as it was known then, was opened on 18 October 1975, marking the entry of ITC Limited into the hotel business. On 15 October 2011, the hotel was re-branded as "My Fortune, Chennai" under the Fortune Park Hotels Ltd, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of ITC Ltd, which was set up in 1995 to cater to the first-class market segment in business and leisure destinations. This Hotel is again re branded to WelcomHotel Chennai on 15 October 2017. Despite the change, the hotel remains a I-Class full-service hotel.
The hotel is 10 stories high and has 90 rooms, including 48 Fortune Club exclusive rooms (with an area of 650 sq ft), 26 Fortune Club rooms (with an area of 440 sq ft), and 16 standard rooms (220 sq ft). Food and beverages include Earthen Oven, a North Indian specialty restaurant,WelcomCafe Marina, 24-hour multi-cuisine restaurant, My Deli, serving light snacks and confectioneries, and Durrant’s Bar.
There are three meeting halls in the hotel—Mandapam banquet hall, with an area of 1,880 sq ft to accommodate 200 persons, Sagari with an area of 1,400 sq ft to accommodate 60 persons, and Mandapam board room with an area of 480 sq ft. accommodating 18 persons. There are also Business Center Board Room with an area of 238 sq ft accommodating 8 persons and Business Centre Office with an area of 156 sq ft accommodating 4 persons. The poolside can accommodate about 50 persons.
- "Chola Sheraton". Emporis.com. Retrieved 20 November 2011.
- My Fortune, Chennai at Emporis
- "Guide to Subsidiaries" (PDF). ITC Limited. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "About us". ITC Hotels. nd. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Chandramouly, Anjana (11 January 2012). "ITC Hotels to focus on premium luxury segment". Business Line. Chennai: The Hindu. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- Ravikumar, R. (20 October 2011). "WelcomeHotel Sheraton Chola in Chennai gets Fortune tag". The Hindu Business Line. Chennai: The Hindu. Retrieved 20 November 2011. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "My Fortune, Chennai—Factsheet" (PDF). Fortune Hotels. Retrieved 20 November 2011.