Neighbourhood in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Local Road, Opposite of the Narendrapur Ramakrishna Mission
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|• Body||Rajpur Sonarpur Municipality|
|Elevation||9 m (30 ft)|
|• Additional official||English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||+91 33|
|Vehicle registration||WB-01 to WB-10, WB-19 to WB-22, WB-95 to WB-99|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jadavpur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Sonarpur Uttar|
Narendrapur is a locality in Rajpur Sonarpur Municipality of South 24 Parganas district in the Indian State of West Bengal. It is a part of the area covered by Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority (KMDA). Narendrapur is situated in the right beside of Adi Ganga. It is the home of a famous school and college founded by Ramakrishna Mission.
Narendrapur is located at. It has an average elevation of 9 metres (30 ft).
Narendrapur is well connected by railway and roadway. Narendrapur railway station connects the city with Sealdah railway station by Sealdah–Namkhana line which connects the metropolis of Kolkata with the rest of India. Bus service is available towards Kolkata through SH 1. Apart from that both app based and non app based cab agencies provide transport services to Narendrapur. For transport inside the city three wheeled autorickshaws and manual rickshaws are good options.
Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Narendrapur is a branch of Ramakrishna Mission. The institute has its services open to all irrespective of caste, creed and nationality. Its special field is education. Started in Pathuriaghata, a North Calcutta neighbourhood immediately after the Bengal famine of 1943, it first served as a home for the poor and orphaned boys. Since its relocation in 1957 to its present site in the southern suburbs of Calcutta, near Garia, it has grown into a huge complex with varied activities. It has more than 2,000 resident students and occupies about 150 acres (0.61 km2) of land.
- "Fact and Figures". Wb.gov.in. Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- "52nd REPORT OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR LINGUISTIC MINORITIES IN INDIA" (PDF). Nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. p. 85. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 5 July 2019.
- "Base Map of Kolkata Metropolitan area". Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 3 September 2007.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 24 August 2007.
- Media related to Narendrapur at Wikimedia Commons