This article does not cite any sources. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Part of a series on|
|Zamindars of Bengal|
Central Bengal |
(Dhaka Division and Mymensingh Division)
Eastern Bengal |
(Chittagong Division and Sylhet Division)
Northern Bengal |
(Rangpur Division and Rajshahi Division)
(Barishal Division, Khulna Division and Faridpur Division)
The palace during British Colonial Rule, in Nashipur.
Nashipur Rajbari (also known as Nashipur Rajbati or Nashipur Palace) was the palace of the Nashipur Raj Family in the village of Nashipur. The grand palace is situated in Nashipur just adjacent to the palace built by Raja Debi Singha. The current palace was built by Raja Kirti Chandra Singha Bahadur in 1865. The Nashipur Rajbari here, was the court of the Debi Singha who is historically renowned for being the tax collector under the British. He arrived from Panipat for the purpose of trading. It is said that he is known for being strict against those who failed to pay taxes on time to him. After a trial, he succeeded in getting an appointment in the Revenue Department under Dewan Reza Khan. Gradually, he was able to exert his influence among the people of East India Company and became head of that department. Debi Singha was also the founder of the Nashipur Raj Family.
Nashipur Akhara is situated close to the Nashipur Rajbari on the east of the Bhagirathi River. The motto of the Akhra is to remain a bachelor for one's life. It is actually here where every year Jhulan Yatra and the famous fair is held. People from far off assemble here to witness the dramas held on this auspicious occasion.
In the Nashipur Akhra very old articles like huge utensils and even a vintage car is kept in a small room rather garage, but none of them have proper maintenance. However, it is free for public analysis.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nashipur.|