Nashoba Regional High School
|Nashoba Regional High School|
Nashoba Regional High School
12 Green Road
|School district||Nashoba Regional|
|School color(s)||Green & Gold|
Nashoba Regional High School (NRHS) is a high school (grades 9-12) that is part of the Nashoba Regional School District. It is located in Bolton, Massachusetts and also serves the towns of Lancaster and Stow. As of the 2018-2019 school year, it had a student population of just over 1300. Parry Graham became the school principal at the start of the 2012–2013 school year, after previous principal Jeremy Roche left in 2011 to become the principal of Fitchburg High School. As of 2019, DiDomenico is joined by two assistant principals, Steve Cullinane and Elizabeth Pratt. In 2017, Graham left Nashoba, being replaced by Paul DiDomenico.
- NRHS is home to a Concord Area Special Education (CASE) program of vocational education for students with substantial special needs (ages 15–22).
- The school also offers the unique NRHS Cadet EMT Program, which trains high school students and allows them to serve as EMTs with the Bolton Ambulance Squad. Students involved in the program carry pagers in their classes, and are given the opportunity to gain real-world experience in Emergency Medical Services. It is one of only a handful of programs like it in the United States.
- It has a branch of the Clinton Savings Bank inside of the school.
The high school was built in 1961, originally only being one-story high. It has since had large renovations, including many more classrooms, a new auditorium, administrative offices, and a second gymnasium.
- Chris Fleming - comedian and star of YouTube show Gayle
- Hal Gill - National Hockey League player with the Nashville Predators
- Greg Hill - host of the Hillman morning show on WAAF
- Clive Weeden - professional basketball player
- Koren Zailckas - author of bestselling book Smashed
- "Nashoba Regional". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 10, 2019.
- "Enrollment Data (2016-17) - Nashoba Regional". School and District Profiles. Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. 2017. Archived from the original on 2017-08-10. Retrieved 2017-11-28.
- Sahagian, Kristin (2012-08-31). "Back to school: Nashoba welcomes new principal". The Bolton Common. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- Camero, Holly (2011-04-15). "Nashoba Principal Jeremy Roche accepts job in Fitchburg". Wicked Local. Retrieved 2018-09-11.
- Allen, Barbara (2017-06-14). "Principal bids staff and students adieu". The Beacon. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- Cleveland, Ken (2017-02-10). "Nashoba principal leaving for new adventure". telegram.com. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- Wang, Cassidy; Morse, Paige (2017-06-16). "Three administration members leave". The Algonquin Harbinger. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- McNemar, Erin; Henderson, Shannon (2017-05-23). "Nashoba's New Principal!". Chieftain Press. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- "Developmental disabilities CASE Vocational Training Program at Nashoba Regional High School". CASE Collaborative. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- "Mass. School Hosts EMT Cadet Program". www.jems.com. 2008-03-23. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- Radock, Karin (2015-04-18). "Bolton EMT students get hands-on with Fire Department". telegram.com. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- McLean, Danielle; Barry, Lisa (2013-01-04). "Young EMTs help save lives". Wicked Local. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- "Clinton Savings Bank, Nashoba Regional High School Branch". www.usbanklocations.com. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
- Matthew, Bret (2011-10-26). "Celebrating 50 years at Nashoba Regional High School". Wicked Local. Retrieved 2018-09-11.
- Whittemore, Patrick (2009-08-14). "Hal Gill shares his Cup". Boston Herald. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- Clark, Jim (2015-12-09). "2015-16 boys hockey capsules: Dual County/Merrimack Valley 2". Boston Herald. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- Clark, Jim (2013-06-28). "NHL draft history (MIAA schools)". Boston Herald. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- "Nashoba Regional announces Hall of Fame class". Sentinel & Enterprise. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- Wood, Bruce (February 10, 2011). "Weeden Picks His Passion". DartmouthSports.com. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "#42 Clive Weeden". DartmouthSports.com. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- Mehegan, David (February 8, 2005). "Smashed - The Boston Globe". boston.com. Retrieved 2017-09-01.