|Date of birth||6 October 1991|
|Place of birth||Lincoln, England|
|2010||→ Stamford (loan)|
|2011–2012||Lincoln Moorlands Railway|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:45, 28 September 2009 (UTC)|
Adams joined the Centre of Excellence at Lincoln City at under-8 level and progressed through the centre to agree a two-year Apprenticeship for Sporting Excellence (ASE) scholarship with the club in May 2008.
Adams was drafted into The Imps squad during the 2008–2009 season. He made 2 appearances in total in his first season at Sincil Bank. His debut came on 18 April 2009 in the 1–0 defeat home against Exeter City. At the end of his scholarship, Adams alongside fellow scholars Kern Miller and Andy Hutchinson agreed a six-month professional contract with the club. In November 2010 he joined Stamford on a month's loan, debuting in the club's 1–0 defeat at Rushall Olympic on 6 November 2011.
On 15 December 2010 his contract with the Imps was terminated by mutual consent and he joined Stamford on a permanent basis.
Having secured a new job, he elected to join a club closer to home and linked up with Lincoln Moorlands Railway, debuting in the club's Northern Counties East League 4–3 defeat at home to Scarborough Athletic on 16 February 2011. He opened his goalscoring account for the club with a hat-trick in the following game, an 8–2 away victory over Armthorpe Welfare on 19 February 2011, and went on to net 11 league goals for the club in the 2010–2011 season.
- "New scholars sign on". Lincoln City F.C. Official Website. 23 May 2008. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Lincoln City 0–1 Exeter
- "Lincoln City youngsters agree professional contracts". BBC Sport. 4 June 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Non-League football: Tulips are starting to bloom at long last". Peterborough Telegraph. 8 November 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Adams departs". Lincoln City F.C. Official Website. 15 December 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2010.
- "Daniels must stand up to physical test". Rutland and Stamford Mercury. 18 February 2011. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Lincoln Moorlands Railway pull off coup by signing former Imps striker Nathan Adams". Lincolnshire Echo. 14 February 2011. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Chris Moyses hopes Nathan Adams and co can bounce back after Scarborough loss". Lincolnshire Echo. 18 February 2011. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Moorlands cruise to superb win following their best display of football this season". Lincolnshire Echo. 21 February 2011. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Lincoln Moorlands Railway Matches Season 2010–11". Baris Northern Counties East League Official Website. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Tulips bring in Adams but Clarke moves on". Spalding Today. 4 February 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- Nathan Adams at Soccerbase