NBCC (India) Limited
|Central-owned Public Sector enterprise|
|Traded as||BSE: 534309|
|Founded||1960 (Delhi, India)|
|Shiv Das Meena (Chairman-cum-Managing Director)|
|Revenue||₹101.51 billion (US$1.5 billion) (2018-19)|
|Owner||Government of India|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Hindustan Steelworks Construction Limited (HSCL) |
Hospital Service Consultancy Corporation India Limited (HSCC)
NBCC (India) Limited (formerly National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited) is a blue-chip Government of India Navratna enterprise and a Central Public Sector undertaking which trades publicly in the market. The Company's present areas of operations are categorized into three main segments, i.e. (i) Project Management Consultancy (PMC), including redevelopment of government properties, (ii) Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) and (iii) Real Estate Development.
NBCC acquired 100 per cent stake in Mini Ratna hospital consultancy firm Hospital Services Consultancy Corporation Limited (HSCC) from Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on 6 November 2018. The organization acquired over 51% stake in Hindustan Steelworks Construction Limited (HSCL), a PSU under the Steel Ministry in 2017.
NBCC is headquartered in New Delhi and it has 31 regional offices across India. The projects undertaken by the company are across India and in countries Iraq, Libya, Nepal, Mauritius, Turkey, Botswana, Maldives, Yemen, Oman and UAE. The organization has executed several landmark projects covering the re-development of government properties, construction of roads, railway stations, Hospitals & Medical Colleges, Institutions, Offices, Bridges, and Industrial & Environmental Structures.
NBCC is designated as the implementing agency for executing projects under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT), Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY), Solid Waste Management (SWM) and developmental work in North Eastern region.
NBCC is also working as Project Management Consultant (PMC) for the redevelopment of Pragati Maidan project of India Trade Promotion Organisation. A number of Central Government ministries and various State Governments have been utilizing the services of NBCC as their extended engineering arm.
NBCC was incorporated in 1960 as a wholly owned Government of India enterprise under the erstwhile Ministry of Works, Housing & Supply (MoWHS), which is now known as the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
In 1977, NBCC started its overseas operations.
In 2007, NBCC paid a dividend to the Government of India for the first time and since then, it has been paying a dividend every year. In the year 2008, the Department of Public Enterprises of the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, through its office memorandum No. 9(8)/2008-GM dated 3 October 2008 accorded the approval of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs upgrading NBCC from a Schedule "B" public sector enterprise to a Schedule "A" public sector enterprise. Subsequently, on 14 October 2008, the NBCC was granted Schedule "A" PSU status.
The Government of India granted the status of a 'Navratna Company' to NBCC with effect from 23 June 2014. The status of a 'Navratna PSE' made NBCC eligible to invest up to Rs 1,000 crore without the requirement of explicit government approval.
The Business Model of NBCC is categorized into three domains. They are project management consultancy (PMC), Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) and Real Estate Development.
- Project Management Consultancy (PMC): NBCC majorly works as a consultant on projects from concept stage to completion & maintenance. The company earns 93% of its revenue through consultation fees paid by the government body responsible for the project.
- Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC): NBCC constructs cooling towers, chimneys, coal plants and ESIC hospitals through EPC services by doing feasibility studies, procurement, construction, designs and conceptualization among others. The public sector behemoth acts as an EPC agency and also engages with various government departments for project clearances. EPC revenues are a minuscule percentage of company's trade.
- Real Estate Development: NBCC started real estate development in 1988. As of March 2019, it has been working as a land management agency for 10 CPSE’s which include, HMT Watches, Hindustan Cables, Indian Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd to create cost effective housing projects. 
Revenue generation/redevelopment model: NBCC has been focussing on self-sustaining revenue generation model by taking up redevelopment of residential apartments for government employees and railway stations. It commercially develops the adjoining land parcels in the vicinity of the projects and makes it entirely self-sustainable. The major projects executed through this model are the GPRA colonies at New Moti Bagh and East Kidwai Nagar, New Delhi.
In 1977, NBCC started working on international construction & infrastructure projects in the Middle East and African countries. The company has been engaged in the construction of National Prison Academy in Maldives, Supreme Court building and Social Housing project in Mauritius, Mahatma Gandhi International Convention Centres in 9 African countries and the India Pavilion at the Expo 2020
Subsidiaries and Joint Ventures
- NBCC Services Limited
- NBCC Gulf LLC
- NBCC Engineering & Consultancy Ltd.
- Hindustan Steel Works Construction Ltd
- Real Estate Development & Construction Corporation of Rajasthan Ltd.
- NBCC Environment Engineering Limited
- NBCC International Limited
- Hospital Services Consultancy Corporation Limited
- Indo – Bangladesh/Indo-Pak border fencing works
- 1200 bedded hospital and medical college at Guwahati, Assam
- Twin Tower World Trade Centre at Guwahati, Assam
- Hospitals for ESIC all across the country
- Solid Waste Management projects in 8 Airfield towns in India
- Bhubaneshwar and Mysore Airports
- NBCC Green View, Sector 37-D, Gurgaon
- VIBGYOR Towers, Kolkata- 876 flats/8 towers Residential Real Estate project
- NBCC Plaza, Saket, New Delhi- Commercial Real Estate project
- LEED certified Green Building project named Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs at Manesar, Haryana
- Headquarter buildings for NIA, CBI, WHO in Delhi 
- Farakka Super Thermal Power Project chimney for NTPC in West Bengal
- Constructions of two chimneys for NTPC at Barh, Bihar
- Water Treatment Plant at Kirkuk, Iraq
- Bir Hospital in Nepal
- Construction, furnishing and equipping of 200 bedded Indira Gandhi Memorial Medical Hospital at Male, Maldives
- 48 km Kohalpur Mahakali Highway Project, Nepal
- Baghdad University
- Museum and Library Building, Hetauda, Nepal
- 1000 Houses at Bani Walid and 432 houses at Ghat, Libya
- Runway and Terminal building at Ghat and Brak Airport, Libya
- Construction of 774 housing units of Dawran, Dhamar, Yemen
- Project Management Consultancy for 3600 housing units at Meer Project in Turkey
- Hotel Ninevah Oberoi at Mousul, Baghdad
NBCC has adopted a policy to incorporate sustainable green features into its projects. The features include Zero waste , Dual piping, Rainwater harvesting, Solar energy, smart electricity metering, and LED/energy efficient fixtures. The projects undertaken by the company conform to Green Building norms. The company makes use of environment friendly techniques  and materials such as steel structures, modular construction, pre-cast, pre-fab components and light weight concrete slabs
The company also ensures strict compliance with the guidelines to curb air and water pollution at its project sites in its bid to contribute towards a safer environment. 
- NBCC's total income stood at INR 10151.37 Cr in 2018-19.
- In the same period (2018–19) profit after tax stands at INR 391.64 Cr
- Order pipeline of INR 75,000cr approx.
- Net Worth: INR 1508.41 Cr.
- "NBCC CMD Anoop Mittal Relinquishes Post After Government Denies Extension; Shiv Das Meena Takes Over". Business World. 8 April 2019. Retrieved 15 April 2019.
- "Maharatna, Navratna and Miniratna CPSEs". Government of India.
- "NBCC to buy HSCC for Rs 285 crore". The Economic Times. 13 September 2018. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- NBCC emerges as highest bidder for HSCC and EPI, The Economic Times, retrieved 8 October 2018
- "NBCC likely to set up overseas subsidiary". The Financial Express. 17 March 2017. Retrieved 26 May 2019.
- "NBCC to build 225 road projects in Maoist-hit Koraput dist". Development Discourse. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "NBCC, ITPO Hold Joint Press Conference To Kick-start Pragati Maidan Redevelopment Program". businessworld.in. businessworld.in. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- "National Buildings Construction Corporation plans to enter into Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan". The Economic Times. 22 May 2016. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- "Union Government granted Navratna Status to EIL and NBCC". Jagran Josh. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Govt grants Navratna status to NBCC; stock hits record high". Business Standard. 24 June 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- "NBCC Subsidiaries & Joint Ventures". NBCC India.
- "Order Book - NBCC (India) Limited". NBCC (India) Official Website.
- "NBCC India Overview". NBCC India.
- "NBCC Q3 profit rises 26% to Rs 78 crore". The Economic Times. 14 February 2019. Retrieved 20 April 2019.
- "Engineering Procurement and Construction". NBCC India. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "I stand by the 30-35% growth guidelines for FY19: Anoop Kumar Mittal, NBCC". Zee Business. 22 November 2018. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "NBCC to get two sick PSU's land parcels for housing projects by March". ETRealty.com. Retrieved 27 April 2019.
- "Building blocks of a monopoly". Fortune India. 23 May 2017.
- "Redevelopment of 7 colonies will give green facelift to Delhi NBCC". UNI INdia. Retrieved 27 April 2019.
- "Govt construction arm NBCC aiming for Rs 10,000 crore overseas order book in 5 yrs". Moneycontrol. 21 September 2017.
- "NBCC inks pact with govt for Niger project, to work as PMC". Financial Express. 17 October 2018.
- "NBCC bags ₹400-crore project to build India Pavilion at Dubai World Expo 2020". The Hindu Business Line. 2 August 2018.
- "NBCC (India) Limited". www.nbccindia.com. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- "NBCC to construct bunkers along border for Rs 415 cr". The Hindu Business Line. 4 April 2018.
- "Overview - NBCC India". NBCC India Limited.
- "NBCC to develop Twin Tower trade centre in Guwahati". ET Realty. 3 February 2018.
- "NBCC bags Rs 228-cr order to redevelop WHO-SEARO building in Delhi". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "10 Railway stations identified for smart redevelopment based on feasibility assessment". Press Information Bureau. 30 June 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "NBCC Ltd secures Rs 100 Crore order from IIT Mandi". The Economic Times. 14 November 2018.
- "NBCC bags Rs 5,828 crore project from AIIMS". The Economic Times. 24 November 2015.
- "NBCC to build IIM-Vizag campus". The Hindi Business Line. 28 March 2019.
- "NBCC gets Rs 400-cr contract to develop IIM Ranchi campus". The Pioneer. Retrieved 21 April 2019.
- "Sustainability - NBCC (India) Limited". NBCC (India) Official Website.
- "NBCC signs deal with Bolix to import energy-efficient building solution". Business Today.
- "NBCC stops open transport of building material". The Economic Times.
- News Coverage at Mint (newspaper)
- Informational Coverage at Mint (newspaper)
- Collective News and Coverage at Business Standard
- Profile and Stock Overview at Reuters
- Profile and Stock Overview at The Financial Express
- Collective News and Coverage at The Economic Times
- Bombay Stock Exchange index at Bombay Stock Exchange
- News Coverage at The Times of India
- Project News and PMC coverage at Projects Today