National Guideline Clearinghouse
National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC) is a database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents. As of July 2, 2018, it will no longer be updated with new content, and it will no longer be available online as of July 18, 2018. As stated on its announcement page on June 18, 2018, federal funding is no longer available for it (nor for the National Quality Measures Clearinghouse [NQMC]) but other stakeholders are currently exploring options for hosting it. Should that happen, it will return to the web.
Historically, it has been maintained as a public resource by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The NGC aims to provide physicians, nurses, and other health professionals, health care providers, health plans, integrated delivery systems, purchasers and others an accessible mechanism for obtaining objective, detailed information on clinical practice guidelines and to further their dissemination, implementation and use. The database was updated weekly with new and revised guidelines. The currency of all guidelines was verified annually through NGC's Annual Verification process.
The site features:
- A Guideline Comparison utility that gives users the ability to generate side-by-side comparisons for any combination of two or more guidelines
- Guideline Syntheses prepared by NGC staff, comparing guidelines covering similar topics, highlighting areas of similarity and difference. NGC Guideline Syntheses often provide a comparison of guidelines developed in different countries, providing insight into commonalities and differences in international health practices.
- An electronic forum, NGC-L for exchanging information on clinical practice guidelines, their development, implementation and use
- An Annotated Bibliography database where users can search for citations for publications and resources about guidelines, including guideline development and methodology, structure, evaluation, and implementation.
- NGC Website
- NGC Announcements
- Galician Health Technology Assessment Agency published a spanish user guide about National Guideline Clearinghouse
- ECRI Guidelines Trust
- "National Quality Measures Clearinghouse (NQMC)". nqmc.html.
- Staff, News. "AHRQ: National Guideline Clearinghouse to Shut Down July 16". www.aafp.org.
- "HHS eliminates 20 years of evidence-based medical guidelines". Healthcare IT News. 12 July 2018.
- "Federal clinical guidance database to shut down because of funding cuts". Health Data Management.
- "HIT programs at risk as AHRQ faces elimination". Health Data Management.
- "AHRQ Shutters Guideline Site, But ECRI to Carry the Torch". www.medpagetoday.com. 20 July 2018.
|This article about a United States health organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|