National Highway 183A (India)
National Highway 183A at Adoor
|From||Titanium Junction (Kollam)|
|Sasthamkotta, Adoor, Pathanamthitta, Perunad, Angamoozhy, Kakki, Gavi,|
National Highway 183A, also known as NH 183A, is a National Highway in the Indian state of Kerala that runs from Titanium Junction(Kollam Metropolitan Area), to Vandiperiyar via Adoor and Pathanamthitta. It is the 4th National Highway passing through the Kollam district.
Elevation to National Highway
The road was declared a National Highway (NH) on 4 March 2014. It conforms to NH standards for a two-lane traffic highway from Adoor to Plapally. The section past Plapally is only 4 meters wide and passes through forest and wildlife areas. The Forest Department raised concerns over the road's alignment. Once upgraded, a new connection from Vandiperiyar to Sabarimala is planned.
- Titanium Junction
- Plappally – Pamba (Sabarimala Road), deviates to Angamoozhy
- Kakki Kavala – Joins NH 183 near Vandiperiyar
The stretch between Adoor and Pathanamthitta is one of the road's busiest sections. Most traffic consists of trucks carrying consumer goods, construction material, container trucks and passenger vehicles. At night, the highway handles more goods-related traffic. Many large industry like Kerala Minerals and Metals limited, small scale cottage industries, rubber plantations, Engineering colleges and textile parks are located along this highway. This highway is particularly busy during the Sabarimala Season and is one of the trunk ways.
- List of National Highways in India (by Highway Number)
- List of National Highways in India
- National Highways Development Project
- Notification of NH 183A by NHAI
- Adoor Adimali Highway joining two National Highways ( NH183A and NH 155)
- Forest Department raises concerns over alignment of new Highway
- E Gazette Notification image