National Highway 79 (India)
Map of the National Highway in red
|Length||134.2 km (83.4 mi)|
|West end||Salem, Tamil Nadu|
|East end||Ulundurpettai, Villupuram district, Tamil Nadu|
|Ulundrupet - Kallakurichi - Chinnasalem - Attur - Pethanaickenpalayam - Vazhapadi - Salem|
National Highway 79 (NH 79) is a National Highway in India entirely within the state of Tamil Nadu. It runs between Ulundurpettai and Salem in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu for a total of 134 km (83 mi). It connects with NH 44 and NH 544 at Salem. NH 79 connects NH 68 and SH 69 at Ulundurpettai and SH 6 at kallakurichi. It was upgraded to a dual carriageway road in two phases on a Build-operate-transfer basis by Reliance Infrastructure and Maytas.
NH 79 is an important connecting road for vehicles travelling from the two major cities Coimbatore and Kochi. NH 79 connects Salem, in directly Coimbatore, Erode, Tirupur and the cities around these areas with Chennai.
- NH 44 Terminal near Salem.
- NH 179A near Salem
- NH 136 near Attur
- NH 532 near Chinnasalem
- NH 38 Terminal near Ulundurpettai.
- List of National Highways in India
- List of National Highways in India by state
- National Highways Development Project
- "New Numbering of National Highways notification - Government of India" (PDF). The Gazette of India. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- "National Highways Starting and Terminal Stations". Ministry of Road Transport & Highways. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
- R, Ilangovan (19 March 2009). "Satyam fiasco affects NH-79works". Salem: The Hindu. Retrieved 13 May 2012.
- "State-wise length of National Highways (NH) in India". Ministry of Road Transport and Highways India. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
|This Indian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|