National Register of Historic Places listings in Alleghany County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Alleghany County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Alleghany County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Clifton Forge Commercial Historic District||January 28, 1992
|Roughly E. Ridgeway St. from Roxbury St. to Main St., and Main from Commercial Ave. to Railroad St.; also 321 Commercial Ave.||Clifton Forge||321 Commercial represents a boundary increase approved November 24, 2017|
|2||Clifton Forge Residential Historic District||August 14, 2012
|Roughly bounded by Memorial Park, Crown Hill Cemetery, Dry Creek, Keswick, Lowell, Main, and Pine Sts., and McCormick Boulevard||Clifton Forge|
|3||Clifton Furnace||August 16, 1977
|Southeast of Clifton Forge off U.S. Route 220||Clifton Forge|
|4||Douthat State Park Historic District||September 20, 1986
|Douthat State Park Rd.||Millboro|
|5||Humpback Bridge||October 1, 1969
|Over Dunlap Creek, south of the junction of U.S. Route 60 and Rumsey Rd.||Callaghan||National Historic Landmark designation October 16, 2012|
|6||Jefferson School||December 27, 2010
|A St.||Clifton Forge|
|7||Longdale Furnace Historic District||August 3, 1995
|Roughly along Longdale Furnace Rd., Iron Ore Ln., Church Rd., and Conner Lane||Clifton Forge|
|8||Luke Mountain Historic District||June 26, 1998
|Luke Mountain Rd.||Covington|
|9||Massie House||July 8, 1982
|U.S. Route 220||Falling Spring|
|10||Oakland Grove Presbyterian Church||July 8, 1982
|Selma Low Moor Rd.||Selma|
|11||Persinger House||July 8, 1982
|12||Rosedale Historic District||June 26, 1998
|Roughly bounded by U.S. Route 60, the Jackson River, and Luke's Mountain||Covington|
|13||Sweet Chalybeate Springs||January 21, 1974
|South of Earlhurst on State Route 311||Sweet Chalybeate|
|14||Wood Hall||July 26, 1982
|Indian Draft Rd.||Callaghan|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Alleghany County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 18, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.