National Register of Historic Places listings in Botetourt County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Botetourt County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Botetourt County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 29 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another 2 properties were once listed but have been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Anderson House||February 25, 1999
|5640 Lee Ln.||Haymakertown|
|2||Annandale||February 11, 1993
|Gilmore Mill Rd., 1.5 miles (2.4 km) east of its junction with Forest Oaks Rd.||Gilmore Mills|
|3||Bessemer Archaeological Site (44 BO 26)||December 15, 1984
|Confluence of the James River with Craig Creek||Eagle Rock|
|4||Blue Ridge Hall||November 22, 2016
|11593 U.S. Route 11||Fincastle|
|5||Bowyer-Holladay House||June 10, 1999
|U.S. Route 220||Fincastle|
|6||Breckinridge Mill||July 30, 1980
|West of Fincastle on Breckinridge Mill Rd.; also 7850 Breckinridge Mill Rd.||Fincastle||7850 Breckinridge Mill represents a boundary increase of May 30, 2002|
|7||Buchanan Historic District||January 27, 1999
|Roughly along Main St., from 19th St. to its intersection with U.S. Route 81||Buchanan|
|8||Buchanan Theatre||April 15, 2019
|19778 Main St.||Buchanan|
|9||Callie Furnace||January 21, 1974
|1.5 miles (2.4 km) north of Glen Wilton in the George Washington National Forest||Glen Wilton|
|10||Fincastle Historic District||November 12, 1969
|Roughly bounded by Carper, Hancock, Catawba, and Back Sts., and Griffin Alley||Fincastle|
|11||Gala Site||March 17, 2010
|Eastern bank of the James River between Mill and Sinking Creeks||Gala|
|12||Greenfield||June 28, 2011
|Botetourt Center at Greenfield, U.S. Route 220||Fincastle|
|13||Greyledge||February 5, 2002
|1066 Greyledge Rd.||Buchanan|
|14||Hawthorne Hall||January 28, 2000
|1527 Hawthorne Hall Rd.||Fincastle|
|15||Thomas D. Kinzie House||April 26, 2002
|65 Kinzie Rd.||Troutville|
|16||Lauderdale||October 31, 2007
|13508 U.S. Route 11||Buchanan|
|17||Looney Mill Creek Site||August 3, 1978
|Southern side of the James River immediately west of the Looney Mill Creek confluence||Buchanan|
|18||Bryan McDonald Jr. House||August 24, 2011
|4084 Catawba Rd.||Troutville|
|19||Nininger's Mill||July 30, 1980
|South of Daleville||Daleville|
|20||Phoenix Bridge||June 10, 1975
|Northwest of Eagle Rock off Craig Creek Rd. over Craig Creek||Eagle Rock|
|21||Prospect Hill||December 28, 1979
|Off Church St.||Fincastle|
|22||George Washington Rader House||August 25, 2014
|8910 U.S. Route 11||Fincastle|
|23||Reynolds Property||November 22, 2016
|514 Rocky Rd.||Buchanan|
|24||Roaring Run Furnace||March 21, 1983
|Northwest of Eagle Rock on Roaring Run Rd.||Eagle Rock|
|25||Santillane||July 24, 1974
|West of U.S. Route 220||Fincastle|
|26||Varney's Falls Dam||October 14, 1993
|On the James River, southeast of the junction of Gilmore Mill and Forest Oaks Rds.||Gilmore Mills|
|27||Wheatland Manor||February 5, 1992
|Northern side of Wheatland Rd., 0.25 miles (0.40 km) southeast of its junction with Pine Haven Rd.||Fincastle|
|28||Wiloma||November 22, 1985
|Off U.S. Route 220||Fincastle|
|29||Wilson Warehouse||January 26, 1978
|Lower and Washington Sts.||Buchanan|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Botetourt County Courthouse||July 2, 1971|
|1975||Corner of Main and Roanoke Sts.||Fincastle||Added to National Register after it was destroyed by fire in December 1970|
|2||Springwood Truss Bridge||April 15, 1978|
|March 19, 2001||VA 630 over James River||Springwood||Destroyed by flood in 1985|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Botetourt County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 17, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Gallivan, Martin D. James River Chiefdoms: The Rise of Social Inequality in the Chesapeake. Lincoln: U of Nebraska P, 2003, 247.
- Hornum, Michael B. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Gala Site. National Park Service, 2009-06-23, 16.
- MacCord, H.A. "The Lipes Site". Quarterly Bulletin of the Archeological Society of Virginia 26.2 (1971): 53-107: 53.