National Register of Historic Places listings in Franklin County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Franklin County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Franklin County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 25 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bleak Hill||November 21, 2002
|215 Bleak Hill Ln.||Callaway|
|2||Boones Mill Depot||June 5, 2017
|Digby Greene Rd. and Depot Dr.||Boones Mill|
|3||Boones Mill Historic District||August 25, 2014
|U.S. Route 220, Maggodee Ln., Bethlehem, Dogwood Hill, and Boones Mill Rds., and Boon, Easy, and Church Hill Sts.||Boones Mill|
|4||Booth-Lovelace House||September 14, 2002
|130 Lovelace Ln.||Hardy|
|5||Bowman Farm||April 13, 2000
|1605 Cahas Mountain Rd.||Boones Mill|
|6||Brooks-Brown House||November 2, 1989
|Truevine Rd. north of Snow Creek Rd.||Dickinson|
|7||Burwell-Holland House||June 6, 2002
|600 Jacks Mountain Rd.||Glade Hill|
|8||Cahas Mountain Rural Historic District||June 7, 1996
|From the peak of Cahas Mountain to near the Roanoke County line, near the junction of U.S. Route 220 and Naff Rd.||Boones Mill|
|9||Gwin Dudley Home Site||January 30, 2008
|Twin Chimneys Dr.||Wirtz|
|10||Jubal A. Early House||December 11, 1997
|Northwest of the junction of State Route 116 and Boones Mill Rd.||Boones Mill|
|11||Evergreen-Callaway-Deyerle House||December 9, 1999
|536 Coles Creek Rd.||Rocky Mount|
|12||The Farm||November 2, 1989
|Lawndale Dr.||Rocky Mount|
|13||Ferrum College Historic District||October 29, 2013
|215 Ferrum Mountain Rd.||Ferrum|
|14||Finney-Lee House||May 23, 1997
|0.75 miles (1.21 km) north of the junction of Sutton Hollow and Snow Creek Rds.||Snow Creek|
|15||Greer House||December 28, 1990
|206 E. Court St.||Rocky Mount|
|16||Holland-Duncan House||January 28, 2000
|13508 State Route 122||Moneta|
|17||Hook-Powell-Moorman Farm||July 21, 1995
|Junction of State Route 122 and Dovetail Rd.||Hale's Ford|
|18||Otter Creek Archaeological Site (44FR31)||May 9, 1985
|Off Newcomb Rd. at the headwaters of Otter Creek||Ferrum|
|19||Piedmont Mill Historic District||February 27, 2009
|1709 Alean Rd.||Boones Mill|
|20||Rocky Mount Historic District||June 3, 1999
|Roughly bounded by Franklin and Maynor Sts., Floyd Ave., E. Court St., and Maple Ave.; also Orchard Ave. between E. Court and Patterson Sts.||Rocky Mount||Orchard Ave. represents a boundary increase of May 15, 2008|
|21||Snow Creek Anglican Church||February 21, 2017
|436 Old Chapel Rd.||Penhook|
|22||Booker T. Washington National Monument||October 15, 1966
|15 miles (24 km) east of Rocky Mount on State Route 122||Rocky Mount|
|23||Washington Iron Furnace||March 20, 1973
|108 Old Furnace Rd.||Rocky Mount|
|24||Waverly||November 7, 1996
|Northern side of State Route 122 2 miles (3.2 km) northeast of its junction with State Route 116||Burnt Chimney|
|25||Woods-Meade House||July 8, 1982
|118 Maple St.||Rocky Mount|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Franklin County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 2, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Beckett, Ann Stuart. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Bleak Hill. National Park Service, 2002-07-08, 23.
- Egloff, K.T., et al. "The Otter Creek Site (44FR31): a late woodland hamlet along the Blue Ridge escarpment." Quarterly Bulletin of the Archeological Society of Virginia 42.1 (1987): 1-15: 5