National Register of Historic Places listings in King and Queen County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in King and Queen County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in King and Queen County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 17 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bewdley||November 16, 1978
|South of St. Stephens Church on the Mattaponi River||St. Stephens Church|
|2||Bruington Rural Historic District||March 11, 2019
|Along Rose Mount Rd., Pea Ridge Rd., The Trail, Bruington Rd., and Norwood Rd.||Bruington|
|3||Dixon||January 20, 2005
|402 Limehouse Rd.||Shacklefords|
|4||Farmington||March 17, 1995
|1.5 miles (2.4 km) southeast of the junction of U.S. Route 360 and State Route 14||St. Stephens Church|
|5||Fort Mattapony||August 19, 1994
|By the cemetery at Locust Grove Plantation||Walkerton|
|6||Hillsborough||September 22, 1971
|2 miles (3.2 km) southeast of Walkerton off Walkerton Landing Rd.||Walkerton|
|7||Holly Hill||July 24, 1973
|Northeast of Aylett off U.S. Route 360||Aylett|
|8||King and Queen Courthouse Green Historic District||September 24, 1998
|Junction of Allen Circle and Courthouse Landing Rd., northwest of Shacklefords; also 106 Allen Circle||Shacklefords||106 Allen Circle represents a boundary increase of February 5, 2014|
|9||Marriott School||February 13, 2007
|450 Newtown Rd.||St. Stephens Church||Houses the King and Queen County branch of the Pamunkey Regional Library|
|10||Mattaponi Church||March 20, 1973
|½ mile south of Cumnor off State Route 14||Cumnor|
|11||Millers Tavern Rural Historic District||June 5, 2017
|Roughly bounded by U.S. Route 360 and Howerton, Dunbrooke, Latanes Mill, and Midway Rds.||Millers Tavern||Extends into Essex County|
|12||Chief Otho S. and Susie P. Nelson House||August 8, 2019
|Address Restricted||Indian Neck vicinity|
|13||Newington Archaeological Site||March 31, 2010
|697 Frazier Ferry Rd.||King and Queen Courthouse|
|14||Newtown Historic District||October 29, 1982
|Newtown and Byrd's Mill Rds.||Newtown|
|15||Northbank||March 7, 2006
|453 N. Bank Rd.||Walkerton|
|16||Providence Plantation and Farm||September 3, 2009
|1302 Roundabout Route Rd.||Newtown|
|17||Upper Church, Stratton Major Parish||April 2, 1973
|Southeast of Shanghai on State Route 14||Shanghai|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in King and Queen County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 9, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Linebaugh, Donald W. Written Historical and Descriptive Data: Walkerton Bridge. Washington: Historic American Engineering Record (National Park Service), n.d., 4. Accessed 2013-09-27.