National Register of Historic Places listings in Mathews County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Mathews County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Mathews County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 15 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Billups House||March 26, 1980
|East of Moon||Moon|
|2||Fort Cricket Hill||June 15, 1970
|East of the Gwynn's Island bridge||Hudgins||Revolutionary War fortifications|
|3||Hesse||February 12, 1974
|East of Cobbs Creek off Proctor Ln.||Blakes|
|4||The Lane Hotel||March 1, 2011
|68 Church St.||Mathews|
|5||Mathews County Courthouse Square||August 18, 1977
|6||Mathews Downtown Historic District||September 18, 2017
|Mathews County Courthouse Square and vicinity||Mathews|
|7||Methodist Tabernacle||May 21, 1975
|Southeast of Mathews on Tabernacle Rd. at its junction with Salem Church Rd.||Mathews|
|8||New Point Comfort Lighthouse||March 1, 1973
|Junction of Chesapeake Bay and Mobjack Bay||New Point|
|9||Old Thomas James Store||March 28, 2008
|Main and Maple Sts.||Mathews Court House|
|10||Poplar Grove Mill and House||November 12, 1969
|Southwest of the junction of State Route 14 and Poplar Grove Ln.||Williams|
|11||Riverlawn||August 22, 2012
|134 Williamsdale Lane||Mathews|
|12||Sibley's and James Store Historic District||March 24, 2010
|239 Main St. (Main and Maple Sts.)||Mathews|
|13||Springdale||May 23, 2013
|1108 State Route 14||Mathews|
|14||B. Williams & Co. Store||June 3, 2009
|1030 Williams Wharf Rd.||Mathews|
|15||Wolf Trap Light Station||December 2, 2002
|Southeast of New Point Comfort||Poquoson East|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Donk's Theatre||January 28, 2011|
|February 7, 2017||259 Buckley Hall Rd.||Hudgins|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Mathews County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 12, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Mathews County Comprehensive Plan, Mathews County, 2001-06-26, 2:15. Accessed 2016-12-13.