National Register of Historic Places listings in San Augustine County, Texas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in San Augustine County, Texas.
This is intended to be a complete list of properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in San Augustine County, Texas. There are two districts and seven individual properties listed on the National Register in the county. One individually listed property is included within a State Historic Site while another is a State Antiquities Landmark. Five individually listed properties are Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks while an additional property and both districts contain several more.
The publicly disclosed locations of National Register properties and districts may be seen in a mapping service provided.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Capt. Thomas William Blount House||March 7, 1973
|2.5 mi (4.0 km). W of San Augustine on TX 21||San Augustine||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|2||Matthew Cartwright House||January 25, 1971
|912 E. Main St.||San Augustine||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, part of San Augustine Residential Historic District|
|3||Ezekiel Cullen House||June 21, 1971
|207 S. Congress St.||San Augustine||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, part of San Augustine Residential Historic District|
|4||William Garrett Plantation House||March 25, 1977
|1 mi (1.6 km). W of San Augustine on TX 21||San Augustine||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|5||Horn-Polk House||November 7, 1976
|717 W. Columbia St.||San Augustine||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|6||Mission Nuestra Senora de los Dolores de los Ais Site||December 16, 1977
|701 S. Broadway||San Augustine||Part of a State Historic Site|
|7||San Augustine Commercial Historic District||April 3, 2007
|Roughly bounded by Main St., Montgomery St., Congress St., Broadway, Columbia St., property lines and Golden Way||San Augustine||Includes State Antiquities Landmark, Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks|
|8||San Augustine County Courthouse and Jail||August 20, 2004
|Courthouse Sq.||San Augustine||State Antiquities Landmark, includes Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks, part of San Augustine Commercial Historic District|
|9||San Augustine Residential Historic District||October 16, 2006
|Roughly surrounding TX 147, Texas 3230 and TX 2213||San Augustine||Includes Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Texas
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks in San Augustine County
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 12, 2019.
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
Media related to National Register of Historic Places in San Augustine County, Texas at Wikimedia Commons