National Register of Historic Places listings in St. Clair County, Michigan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Colony Tower Complex||July 22, 1994
|6503 Dyke Rd. (M-29), Clay Township||Pearl Beach||Boundary increase (added 1995-07-21): 6503 Dyke Rd. (MI 29), Clay Township|
|2||Wilbur F. Davidson House||October 5, 1972
|1707 Military St.||Port Huron|
|3||Federal Building||August 7, 1974
|526 Water St.||Port Huron|
|4||Fort Gratiot||April 14, 1980
|Along Thomas Edison Parkway ||Port Huron|
|5||Fort Gratiot Lighthouse||July 30, 1976
|Omar and Garfield Sts.||Port Huron|
|6||Grand Trunk Western Railroad Depot||April 13, 1977
|520 State St.||Port Huron|
|7||Harrington Hotel||April 22, 1982
|1026 Military Street||Port Huron|
|8||Howard Block||March 17, 1994
|201-205 Huron Ave.||Port Huron|
|9||Huron (lightship)||July 12, 1976
|Pine Grove Park on the St. Clair River||Port Huron|
|10||Jeddo Road–South Branch Mill Creek Drain Bridge||January 28, 2000
|Jeddo Rd. over S. Branch Mill Creek Drain||Brockway Township|
|11||Ladies of the Maccabees Building||April 22, 1982
|901 Huron Ave.||Port Huron|
|12||Marine City City Hall||January 11, 1982
|300 Broadway St.||Marine City|
|13||Marine City Water Works||September 15, 2011
|229 S. Main St.||Marine City|
|14||Masters Road–Belle River Bridge||January 27, 2000
|Masters Rd. over the Belle R.||Riley Township|
|15||James McColl House||January 31, 1985
|205 S. Main St.||Yale|
|16||Military Road Historic District||August 14, 1998
|Military St. and Huron Ave., from Court St. to Bard St.||Port Huron|
|17||St. Clair Flats South Channel Range Lights||May 24, 1990
|0.6 mi (0.97 km) west of the southern tip of Harsens Island||Algonac|
|18||St. Clair Inn||July 3, 1995
|500 N. Riverside Ave.||St. Clair|
|19||St. Clair River Tunnel||October 15, 1970
|St. Clair River between Port Huron, Michigan and Sarnia, Ontario||Port Huron|
|20||Seventh Street–Black River Bridge||February 4, 2000
|Seventh St. over the Black River||Port Huron|
|21||LeRoy Smith House||April 4, 1996
|9503 Frank St.||Algonac|
|22||USCGC Bramble||August 1, 2012
|2336 Military St.||Port Huron|
|23||Vernier Street–Swan Creek Bridge||January 28, 2000
|Vernier St. over Swan Creek||Ira Township||The bridge was demolished in 2014.|
|24||Wadhams Road–Pine River Bridge||January 28, 2000
|Wadhams Rd. over the Pine River||Saint Clair Township||The bridge was demolished in 2007.|
|25||Ward-Holland House||January 13, 1972
|433 N. Main St.||Marine City|
Listings Formerly Located in St. Clair County
The following listings were located in St. Clair County at the time they were placed on the Register, but have since moved to other locations.
|Name on the
|Image||Date listed||Current Location||Location when Listed||Description|
|1||Indian Trail Road–Belle River Bridge||January 28, 2000
|Steel Bridge Research, Inspection, Training and Engineering Center, S. Sharon Chapel Rd., West Lafayette, Indiana||Indian Trail Rd. over Belle River 42°46′30″N 82°32′58″W||Removed and replaced in 2008, then moved to West Lafayette, Indiana in 2015.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in St. Clair County, Michigan.|
- List of Registered Historic Places in Michigan
- List of Michigan State Historic Sites in St. Clair County, Michigan
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 8, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 24, 2008.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- The NRIS lists Fort Gratiot as "Address Restricted," but a historical marker placed along Thomas Edison Parkway, and historical atlases, indicate the location. Geo-coordinates are approximate.
- Oliver F. Waegon (1871), Combination Atlas Map of St. Clair County (PDF), Everts & Stewart, p. 22
- Bob Gross (April 7, 2015). "County had 83 'deficient' bridges in 2014". Times Herald.
- "Wadhams Road Bridge". HistoricBridges.org. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- Bob Gross (April 11, 2015). "Old China Township bridge is going to Purdue". The Times Herald.