National Register of Historic Places listings in Wythe County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Wythe County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Wythe County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 21 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Cornett Archeological Site (44WY1)||September 29, 1983
|New River below Austinville:202||Austinville|
|2||Crockett's Cove Presbyterian Church||October 15, 1992
|Crockett's Cove Rd., east of its junction with Smith Hollow Rd.||Wytheville|
|3||Fort Chiswell Mansion||May 6, 1971
|325 Factory Outlet Drive; Interstate 81 near its junction with U.S. Route 52 and State Route 121||Fort Chiswell|
|4||Fort Chiswell Site||August 29, 1978
|E Lee Highway||Fort Chiswell|
|5||Foster Falls Historic District||November 12, 2009
|New River Trail State Park, 176 Orphanage Dr.||Max Meadows|
|6||Graham's Forge Mill||May 26, 2005
|Major Graham Rd.||Max Meadows|
|7||Maj. David Graham House||February 14, 1985
|Junction of Major Grahams and Carters Ferry Rds.||Fosters Falls|
|8||Haller-Gibboney Rock House||November 9, 1972
|Monroe and Tazewell Sts.||Wytheville|
|9||Kimberling Lutheran Cemetery||March 26, 1980
|Northwest of Rural Retreat||Rural Retreat|
|10||Loretto||September 8, 1994
|190 Peppers Ferry Rd.||Wytheville|
|11||Martin Site||August 13, 1974
|Bounded by Reed Creek Rd., the New River, and Reed Creek:172||Fosters Falls|
|12||McGavock Family Cemetery||June 22, 1979
|East of Fort Chiswell off Interstate 81||Fort Chiswell|
|13||Reed Creek Mill||November 22, 2016
|1565 S. Church St.||Wytheville|
|14||Rural Retreat Depot||August 25, 2014
|105 Railroad Ave.||Rural Retreat|
|15||Sanders Farm||May 22, 2003
|3908 Fort Chiswell Rd.||Max Meadows|
|16||Shot Tower||October 1, 1969
|West of the junction of U.S. Route 52 with Foster Falls Rd.||Max Meadows|
|17||St. John's Episcopal Church||September 9, 2008
|275 E. Main St.||Wytheville|
|18||St. John's Lutheran Church and Cemetery||January 26, 1978
|Northwest of Wytheville at the junction of U.S. Routes 21/52 with Interstate 81||Wytheville|
|19||Wythe County Poorhouse Farm||May 26, 2000
|Peppers Ferry Rd.||Wytheville|
|20||Wytheville Historic District||September 30, 1994
|Roughly bounded by Monroe, 11th, Jefferson, and 12th Sts., and W. Railroad Ave.||Wytheville|
|21||Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery||February 1, 1979
|Northwest of Speedwell||Speedwell|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Wythe County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 2, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- MacCord, Howard A. "The Martin Site (44WY13), Wythe County, Virginia". Quarterly bulletin of the Archeological Society of Virginia 53.4 (1998): 171-203.