Naval Air Station Whiting Field – South
NAS Whiting Field – South
|Airport type||Military: Naval Air Station|
|Operator||United States Navy|
|Location||Santa Rosa County, near Milton, Florida|
|Elevation AMSL||177 ft / 54 m|
Naval Air Station Whiting Field – South (ICAO: KNDZ, FAA LID: NDZ), also known as South Whiting Field, is located three miles (5 km) north of the central business district of Milton, in Santa Rosa County, Florida, United States. This military airport is owned by the US Navy. It is one of two airfields located at Naval Air Station Whiting Field, the other airfield being NAS Whiting Field – North.
This airport is assigned a three-letter location identifier of NDZ by the Federal Aviation Administration, but it does not have an International Air Transport Association (IATA) airport code.
- Runway 5/23: 5,997 x 200 ft. (1,828 x 61 m), Surface: Asphalt
- Runway 14/32: 6,001 x 200 ft. (1,829 x 61 m), Surface: Asphalt
- Helipads H1,H2,H3,H4,H5: 100 x 100 ft. (30 x 30 m), Surface: Asphalt
- Helipad H6: 75 x 100 ft. (23 x 30 m), Surface: Asphalt
- Helipads H-A,B,C,D,E,F: 100 x 100 ft. (30 x 30 m), Surface: Asphalt
- FAA Airport Master Record for NDZ ( PDF), effective October 25, 2007
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- "NAS Whiting Field – South (IATA: none, ICAO: KNDZ, FAA: NDZ)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- NAS Whiting Field (official site)
- NAS Whiting Field page at Pensacola Chamber of Commerce
- NAS Whiting Field page at GlobalSecurity.org
- (PDF), effective October 10, 2019
- Resources for this U.S. military airport: