This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Shafiul Islam Kamal|
|Shafiul Islam Kamal (Chairman & Managing Director)|
Navana Group under the leadership of Shafiul Islam Kamal as chairman emerged into a separate physical entity from Islam Group after the death of its Chairman Jahurul Islam (entrepreneur) which was then the largest business group in Bangladesh. Navana Group comprises a number of companies, has diversified its activities in various areas like product and project marketing, construction and real estate business, international trading, distributions and production of various items and already attained significance in the business arena of Bangladesh.
List of companies
The companies of Navana Group are listed below:
- Navana Limited.
- Navana Automobiles Limited markets Mahindra and Toyota vehicles in Bangladesh.
- NAVANA Batteries Limited.
- Navana Real Estate Ltd.
- Navana Construction Ltd.
- Navana Textiles Ltd.
- Biponon Limited.
- Navana Distributions Ltd.
- Navana Electronics Ltd.
- Navana Taxi Cab Co. Ltd.
- Navana Renewable Energy Ltd.
- Navana Logistics Limited
- Navana Petroleum Limited
- NAVANA ENGINEERING LTD.
- NAVANA CNG LIMITED
- NAVANA LPG LIMITED
- NAVANA WELDING ELECTRODE LIMITED
- Navana Furniture Limited
- Navana Foods Limited is the franchise holder of Gloria Jean's Coffees.
- Navana Engineering.
Navana limited is the only agent of toyota in Bangladesh.
Aftab Automobiles Ltd
Aftab Automobiles Ltd, a sister concern of Navana Group mainly a vehicle assembling and small parts manufacturing company. The company has been assembling Toyota & HINO vehicles for Bangladesh market since 1982, recently launched HINO -Mini bus.
Navana CNG Limited, a sister concern of Navana Group, is the leading CNG service provider of Bangladesh. Navana CNG Limited is the sole distributor of the CNG and LPG conversion kit manufacturer Landi Renzos P.A., Italy. Navana CNG Limited solely represents the manufacturer of CNG Refueling Station Technology Safes.r.l., Italy. For Three Wheeler conversion, Navana CNG Limited is the sole distributor of Vanaz Engineers, India. It has also collaboration with Omnitek, USA, Altenergy, India and Argenchip, Argentina for diesel vehicle conversion to CNG.
Navana Real Estate Ltd. (NREL) was formed in late 1996 under the chairmanship of Mr. Shafiul Islam Kamal to exploit the boom in real estate development in Bangladesh. NREL has been working on apartments, commercial and land projects. It's also multinational company.
Navana Textiles Ltd. (Sweater Unit) is a 100% export oriented sweater factory situated at its own premises at Kalma, Saver, Dhaka.
Navana Engineering Ltd. (NEL) is one of the manufacturing Plastic business in Bangladesh. NEL is specialized in manufacturing of plastic products like High density Polyethylene (HDPE), unplasticized polyvinyl chloride (uPVC), Polypropylene Random (PPR) made to the industry requirement. NEL is equipped to produce various types of pipes and ducts of International standards
Navana Petroleum Limited. (NPL) has inaugurated its operation on 6 April 2006 in Radisson Water Garden as the marketing company of Caltex brand in Bangladesh.
Caltex, a member of the Chevron Corporation, was created in 1936 as joint venture between Chevron Corporation and Texaco Inc. Caltex operates with more than 7800 retail outlets, including 4500 branded Caltex stations and 700 Star Mart, across 60 countries. The Caltex commercial business unit offers not only fuels to its customers, but also provide management and control in dispensing fuel to vehicles, as well as inventory reconciliation.
- About Navana on Official page
- Concerns of Navana Group on Official page
- "Mahindra motorcycles hit Bangladesh market". The Daily Star. 2013-08-25. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Second Teesta bridge misses deadline". The Daily Star. 2016-01-29. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Discount war heats up at DITF". The Financial Express. Dhaka. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Gloria Jean's Coffees starts Valentine's Day campaign". The Daily Star. 2016-02-08. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Plastic pipe market thrives with time". The Daily Star. 2012-05-26. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Buzz at motor show". The Daily Star. 2010-03-18. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Aftab Auto on fast lane". The Daily Star. 2010-07-13. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Govt to cancel some LPG companies' licences". The Financial Express. Dhaka. Retrieved 2016-05-04.