New Sweden, Texas
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
New Sweden is a small unincorporated community in northeast Travis County, Texas. New Sweden is on Farm Road 973, five miles northeast of Manor, Texas. It is the site of New Sweden Lutheran Church, a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. 
The community was established in 1873 and was known then as Knight's Ranch. The first pioneers of this settlement, with a few exceptions, came from the province of Småland. The Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Congregation was established on February 23, 1876 and initially carried the name Manor until 1887 when it was renamed New Sweden. With the establishment of the New Sweden Lutheran Church, the community became known as New Sweden. A cotton gin began operation at New Sweden in 1882, and a post office opened in 1887. 
As of 2009, the current estimated population is 60.
- New Sweden, TX (Handbook of Texas)
- "New Sweden Lutheran Church". The Portal to Texas History. Retrieved October 11, 2015.
- Swedes In Texas In Pictures and Words
- "New Sweden Evangelical Lutheran Church, About Us". New Sweden Evangelical Lutheran Church. Retrieved October 11, 2015.
- "New Sweden | Texas Almanac". texasalmanac.com. 2010-11-22. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
|This article about a location in Travis County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|