March 20, 1995|
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||230 lb (100 kg; 16 st 6 lb)|
|NHL team||Ottawa Senators|
101st overall, 2013|
Nicholas Paul (born March 20, 1995) is a Canadian professional ice hockey forward currently playing as a prospect to the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League (NHL). A left winger, he was selected by the Dallas Stars in the fourth round, 101st overall, of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Born in Mississauga, Ontario, Paul played for the Mississauga Chargers before signing with the Brampton Battalion, (later the North Bay Battalion). After his first season with the Battalion, where he scored 12 goals and 28 points, Paul was selected by the Dallas Stars in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. While still a junior, Paul's NHL rights were traded by the Stars on July 1, 2014, along with Alex Chiasson, Alex Guptill, and a 2015 second-round pick, to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Jason Spezza and Ludwig Karlsson.
Paul signed with Ottawa and made his professional debut with their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Binghamton Senators in the 2014–15 season. He finished with six goals and 11 assists in 45 games with Binghamton. Paul was assigned to Binghamton by Ottawa for the 2015–16 season also. Paul was called up in February 2016 and made his NHL debut on February 16, 2016, against the Buffalo Sabres. He recorded his first career NHL goal on February 24, 2016, in a 4–1 win over the Edmonton Oilers.
On July 16, 2018, Paul signed a one year contract with the Senators.
Regular season and playoffs
|2013–14||North Bay Battalion||OHL||67||26||20||46||39||22||12||6||18||10|
|2014–15||North Bay Battalion||OHL||58||37||29||66||49||15||7||8||15||6|
- "Senators trade captain Jason Spezza to Stars". NHL.com'. 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2016-02-17.
- "Senators edge Sabres in 2-1 shootout win". cbssports.com. February 16, 2016. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- Colpitts, Iain (February 24, 2016). "Nick Paul nets first NHL goal". mississauga.com. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- "Senators sign forward Nick Paul to a one-year deal". sportsnet.ca. July 16, 2018. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey winger born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|