|St. Louis Cardinals|
|Born: July 31, 1996|
Lathrup Village, Michigan
Nicholas Raymond Plummer (born July 31, 1996) is an American professional baseball outfielder in the St. Louis Cardinals organization. He attended Brother Rice High School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, and was the Cardinals' first and 23rd overall selection in the 2015 Major League Baseball draft.
Plummer attended Brother Rice High School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Plummer became a starter on the varsity baseball team his freshman year. As a junior, he batted .573 with eight home runs and 34 runs batted in (RBI). Plummer committed to the University of Kentucky to play college baseball.
Plummer was considered one of the top prospects for the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft and was selected 23rd overall by the St. Louis Cardinals in that draft. He signed on June 15, for a $2.124 million bonus. He spent his entire first season in minor leagues with the Gulf Coast League Cardinals, playing in 51 games and batting .228 with eight doubles, one home run and 22 RBIs. Prior to the 2016 season, Baseball America ranked him as the eighth-best prospect in the Cardinals' system. He missed the entire 2016 season due to getting surgery on his hand. He returned in 2017, playing for the Peoria Chiefs, where he posted a .198 batting average with four home runs and 17 RBIs in 92 games.
Plummer returned to Peoria in 2018, batting .205 with eight home runs and thirty RBIs in 104 games.
- Plummer making name for himself at Area Code Games
- Brother Rice senior outfielder Nick Plummer has high MLB draft potential with strong bat, athleticism
- PREP NOTEBOOK: SEC, UK keep tapping area well, snag Rice's Plummer, area bids adieu military-bound contingent
- Nick Plummer ready for flocks of geese and pro scouts this spring
- Prep Insider: Brother Rice's Nick Plummer drawing raves
- Thompson, Luke (June 15, 2015). "Cards' top draft pick Nick Plummer inks deal, takes BP at Busch". foxsports.com. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- Manuel, John (November 16, 2015). "St. Louis Cardinals top 10 prospects". Baseball America. Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- "Nick Plummer Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- "Nick Plummer Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved October 12, 2018.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball outfielder born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|