|Launched||16 November 2005|
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks Europe|
|Sister channel(s)||Nickelodeon Junior|
|Canal||Channel 157 (HD)|
Nickelodeon is a French pay television channel, working as the local variant of US kids network Nickelodeon in that country, as well as to other French-speaking countries such as of Switzerland and Francophone Africa. The network has one sister network, Nickelodeon Junior.
The French variant of Nickelodeon was announced in 2005, and was officially launched on 16 November of that same year. The channel's application to broadcast on the French digital terrestrial television was rejected by the CSA in favour of Gulli, a kids-oriented state-owned channel. It gains revenue through advertisement and product sells. At the time, its market value was equal to €300 million. According to a research conducted by ConsoJunior in 2006, Nickelodeon France was the most watched channel among kids between 4 to 14 years old.  During this time, the channel premiered new shows such as SpongeBob SquarePants, Avatar: the Last Airbender and Dora the Explorer. Thereafter, during the first half of 2017, Nickelodeon increased its audience share by 113% over a year. Due to this, some French celebrities such as Matt Pokora started to appear on the channel as hosts.
On 26 January 2010, Nickeloden France adopted the new US logo and rebranded its graphical package. On that same day, the channel announced the launch of preschool channel Nickelodeon Junior. In November of that same year, the network celebrated its fifth anniversary. In 2011, it switched its aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9. In May 2013, Nickelodeon announced the release of 2 new videogames of Dora the Explorer, in association with 2K Games.
From 28 June to 12 July 2013, the channel organised the Crazy Tour Nickelodeon on six malls in France. On 6 September 2014, Nickelodeon France premiered Rabbids Invasion, an original series of the channel. 
On March 2016, Nickelodeon +1 is launched, replacing timeshift feed MTV +1.
On 26 August 2017, Nickelodeon 4Teen was rebranded as Nickelodeon Teen.
Nickelodeon Junior is now a separate 24-hour digital television channel.
Nicktoons was a block on the French network Canal J. On 1 November 2005 the block ended.
- Anthony (22 October 2005). "Nickelodeon bientôt sur CanalSat". Retrieved 8 September 2014..
- Émilie Lopez (23 January 2008). "De Bob l'éponge à Dora l'exploratrice, les beaux succès de Nickelodeon". Retrieved 8 September 2014. Unknown parameter
- Hélène Laurichesse (2013). La stratégie de marque dans l'audiovisuel. ISBN 2200288085. Retrieved 8 September 2014..
- "M.Pokora et Cyril Féraud co-animateurs sur Nickelodeon". jeanmarcmorandini.COM. 6 June 2008. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- Jean-Marc Morandini (27 December 2009). "Nickelodeon change de look en 2010". Retrieved 8 September 2014..
- "Numericable lance NICKELODEON JUNIOR". 28 January 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2014. Unknown parameter
- "Nickelodeon : la chaîne des enfants fête ses 5 ans du 8 au 12 novembre 2010". 8 November 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2014. Unknown parameter
- "2K Play et Nickelodeon annoncent la sortie de 2 nouveaux titres". 24 May 2013. Retrieved 8 September 2014..
- "Le Crazy Tour Nickelodeon va enflammer Claye Souilly !". 19 May 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2014. Unknown parameter
- "Les Lapins Crétins envahissent Nickelodeon à partir du 6 septembre". 28 August 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2014. Unknown parameter
- Schmitt, Frédéric (18 November 2014). "Nickelodeon 4teen arrive sur Canalsat et Numéricable". Télé Satellite et Numérique. Retrieved 7 June 2019.