|Nissan Terra (D23)|
The Nissan Terra during the 2019 Shanghai Auto Show.
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Platform||Nissan F-Alpha platform|
|Related||Nissan Navara (D23)|
|Wheelbase||2,850 mm (112.2 in)|
The Terra is based on the D23 Navara pickup truck. The official details of the vehicle were revealed on 15 March 2018 and was unveiled in the following month. It was launched to the public at the April 2018 Auto China. The Terra is currently positioned in size between the X-Trail/Rogue compact crossover and Patrol/Armada full-size SUV and competes with the Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Montero Sport/Pajero Sport, Ford Everest, Chevrolet Trailblazer and Isuzu MU-X. The car fills the position left by the third generation Pathfinder that sold between 2005 and 2012. It also replaces the Paladin in China. The name "Terra" is Latin for "earth".
The Terra has three engine options: a 2.5 L QR25DE I4 petrol engine that produces 134 kW (180 hp; 182 PS) at 6,000 rpm and 251 N⋅m (185 lbf⋅ft) of torque at 4,000 rpm, a 2.3 L twin-turbocharged YS23DDTT or 2.5 L YD25DDTi I4 diesel engines that both produce 140 kW (188 hp; 190 PS) at 3,600 rpm or 3,750 rpm and 450 N⋅m (330 lbf⋅ft) of torque at 2,000 rpm or 1,500–2,500 rpm respectively. The engines are mated to a 6-speed manual or 7-speed automatic transmission. The ground clearance is measured at 225 mm (8.9 in).
On 28 May 2018, the Terra was launched in the Philippines. It gets a 2.5-liter diesel engine option. Compared to the Chinese version, it is 15 mm (0.6 in) wider, 3 mm (0.1 in) longer and seats 7 (compared to 5). It is offered in five trim options.
The Terra was launched in Indonesia on 2 August 2018 at the 26th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show. It has the same specs as the Philippines version. Their prices were announced on 22 October 2018, starts from 34676 USD, and sales began on 21 December 2018.
The Terra was launched in Thailand on 16 August 2018. It uses the 2.3 L diesel engine option to comply with Thailand excise tax structure. The 2.3 L engine, YS23DDTT produces less CO2 pollution than the 2.5 L YD25DDTi engine, precisely 196 g/km which is lower than the 200 g/km limit regulated by the Thai government to get a 5% tax incentive.
Terra's YD25DDTi diesel engine
- "Seberapa Besar Dimensi Nissan Terra Dibanding Para Rivalnya?". OtoDriver. Indonesia. 2018-03-06. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- Contractor, Sameer (2018-05-28). "Nissan's Toyota Fortuner Rival For South East Asia Unveiled". NDTV. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- "Nissan launches new Terra for Asian markets". Automotive World. 2018-04-12. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "Nissan Terra debuts in China as a 2.5L five-seat SUV". Paul Tan. Malaysia. 2018-04-13. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- Sudjatmiko, Suryo (2018-05-31). "Nissan Terra Bagai Duri Dalam Daging Mitsubishi Pajero Sport". CarReview.id. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- Tan, Danny (2018-08-02). "GIIAS 2018: Nissan Terra – Navara-based 7-seat SUV". Paul Tan. Malaysia. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- Lee, Johnny (2018-08-17). "Nissan Terra launched in Thailand, 2.3L biturbo diesel". Paul Tan. Malaysia. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- Gnaticov, Cristian (2018-08-17). "Asian Markets-Only Nissan Terra SUV Gains 190 PS Diesel Engine". CarScoops. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- Leu, Richard (2018-08-16). "2018 Nissan Terra: Thai prices and specs". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- "ทดลองขับ Nissan TERRA (2.3 D Twin Turbo 4x2 & 4x4 7AT) : แรงจัด ประหยัดสุด ช่วงล่างดี แต่ เกิดอะไรขึ้น??". HeadLight Magazine (in Thai). 2018-12-25. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Nissan Terra China auto sales figures". carsalesbase.com. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
- "Sales Report เจาะลึกยอดขายรถยนต์ ธันวาคม 61 + สรุปปี 2018 แบ่งตาม Segment". HeadLight Magazine (in Thai). 2019-05-09. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
- "Sales Report Mobil Indonesia Jan-Des 2018". Kendara. 2019-01-17. Retrieved 2019-10-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nissan Terra.|
- Official website (Philippines)