Noël Le Graët
Noël Le Graët
|President of the French Football Federation|
|Assumed office |
18 June 2011
|Preceded by||Fernand Duchaussoy|
|Born||25 December 1941|
Noël Yves Marie Le Graët (born 25 December 1941 in Bourbriac, Côtes-d'Armor) is a French businessman, politician and football official. Since 18 June 2011, he has been the President of the French Football Federation (FFF). He was the vice-president of the French federation from 2005 to 2011.
He is very influential within the FFF. Between 1991 and 2000 he was President of Ligue 1, the French professional league and was vice-president of FFF. In this position, he has brought — through acquisition of new sponsors, including of a new supplier contract with Nike — a substantial improvement of the financial situation of the FFF. Following the resignation of its president, Jean-Pierre Escalettes because of the fiasco of the French national football team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Noël Le Graët became as a likely candidate for interim Fernand Duchaussoy to succeed him. On 18 June 2011, during elections of the association's federal assembly in Paris, he surprisingly collected 54.39 percent of the votes to succeed Fernand Duchaussoy.
Business and life
Born in a neighboring city, the Breton has built-up in the city of Guingamp a diversified family in the food industry during the last years, the Le Graët Group. It operates on various locations in the Brittany region. With Pêcherie d'Armorique in Erquy it has its own fishing fleet. Among the best known brand names in France belongs Celtigel (frozen meat, fish and vegetable dishes), Les Delices de la Mer (soups, sauces, bread spreads) and Agil Chien/Agil Chat (pet food). The group's turnover in 2010 amounted to approximately 163 million Euro.
Between 1971 and 1992 and again between 2002 and 2011 he was president of the French Football Club En Avant de Guingamp. For two terms, he was also mayor of Guingamp from 1995 to 2008, under the banner of the PS
- Officier of the Légion d'honneur : 2018.
- Yahoo News: Le Graet elected as French football chief June 19, 2011
- The Guardian: Le Graet elected French federation president June 19, 2011
- FFF: Le Graët, a new head to stop war of clans? 22. October 2010 (French)
- UEFA: Le Graët elected French FA president 18 June 2011
- Le Graët Group, Numbers retrieved June 19, 2011
- EAGuingamp.com: Club organization chart Archived 2011-09-27 at the Wayback Machine retrieved 19. July 2011
- Report on the Elections in Brittany 2008 9. February 2008 (French)