No. 1 Geisha
|Former names||Mona Lisa Ranch|
No. 1 Geisha was a legal brothel (ranch) and massage parlor in Elko, Nevada. The women who worked there were of Asian heritage. It was previously known as the Mona Lisa Ranch and CharDon's Club.
In January 2011, a proprietor of the brothel was sentenced to prison time in a Federal court for operating an illegal massage parlor in Seattle in addition to the legal operation in Nevada. The sentencing memorandum stated that “While on pre-trial release, [the owner of No. 1 Geisha] attempted to recruit women to work at the legal brothel in Elko ... He claimed that he needed to travel to Nevada to do repair work on his home; yet he was reported by the Elko Police Department and a confidential source that he was in Elko to recruit a ‘lessee’ and additional employees for the legal brothel.” The federal government seized close to $50,000 in assets from the legal brothel in Nevada in relation to the illegal operations in California and Washington.
- Andreson, Ross (25 January 2011). "Brothel No. 1 Geisha". Elko Daily Free Press. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- Brents, Barbara G. (2009). The State of Sex: Tourism, Sex and Sin in the New American Heartland. p. 8.
- Stolley, Richard B. (18 August 2009). "Elko, Nevada: Where the recession never hit". CNN. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "#1 Geisha Massage and Brothel". The Las Vegas Courtesan. 7 April 2011. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- Cury, James Oliver (2003). The Playboy Guide to Bachelor Parties: Everything You Need to Know About Planning the Groom's Rite of Passage-From Simple to Sinful. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 9780743245623.
- "Elko Brothels". NV Brothels. Archived from the original on 7 February 2003. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- DuBach, Jared (25 January 2011). "Brothel may lose license after federal case". Elko Daily Free Press. Archived from the original on 9 August 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- DuBach, Jared (3 August 2010). "No. 1 Geisha brothel cash seized, city eyes property". Elko Daily Free Press. Archived from the original on 8 August 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
|This sexuality-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|