Ontario Highway 805
|Maintained by Ministry of Transportation of Ontario|
|Length||52.5 km (32.6 mi)|
|South end||Highway 539A at Sturgeon River|
|North end||Obabika Lake|
|Municipalities||West Nipissing, Temagami, Unorganized Sudbury District|
Tertiary Highway 805, commonly referred to as Highway 805, is a provincially maintained access road, located within the Nipissing District. A northerly extension of Highway 539A, the road extends for approximately 40 kilometres (25 mi) to Obabika Lake, providing road access to the Chiniguchi Waterway, Obabika River and Sturgeon River provincial parks.
Highway 805 is a 52.5 kilometres (32.6 mi) route located northwest of North Bay which serves as a resource access road. There are no established communities along the highway, but access to Sturgeon River Provincial Park and Obabika Lake Provincial Park is provided from trails that branch off of Highway 805.
The route begins at a junction with the northern terminus of Highway 539A next to the Sturgeon River, and travels north from that point. Owing to the rugged terrain of the Canadian Shield, the winding highway crosses between Sudbury District and Nipissing District several times, but generally serves as the boundary between the two.
On an average day, only 100 vehicles travel along the route. Highway 805, unlike most other tertiary highways, is maintained during the winter months.
Highway 805 was designated in 1962, as a northward extension of Highway 539A, which was designated that same year, into Sudbury District. It was initially a completely unpaved road, and remains that way today.
|Nipissing||West Nipissing||0.0||0.0||Highway 539A – River Valley||Highway 805 and Highway 539A share termini; northbound drivers must turn right onto Highway 810, southbound drivers must turn left to continue on Highway 539A.|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (2007). "Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT) counts". Government of Ontario. Retrieved August 22, 2011.
- Ontario Back Road Atlas (Map). Cartography by MapArt. Peter Heiler. 2010. p. 105. § J–K17. ISBN 978-1-55198-226-7.
- Ontario Road Map (Map). Cartography by C.P. Robins. Ontario Department of Highways. 1962. § M32.
- Ontario Road Map (Map). Cartography by C.P. Robins. Ontario Department of Highways. 1963. § M32.
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (2008). "Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT) counts". Government of Ontario. Retrieved February 8, 2012.