Ontario Highway 95
|Maintained by the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario|
|Length||11.4 km (7.1 mi)|
|Existed||July 25, 1934–January 1, 1998|
|South end||Horne's Ferry to Cape Vincent, New York|
|North end||Highway 96 in Marysville|
King's Highway 95, commonly referred to as Highway 95, was a provincially maintained highway in the Canadian province of Ontario on Wolfe Island. Together with Highway 96, the highways were the only King's Highways not connected to the rest of the network by a fixed link. At its southern end, the route connected to New York State Route 12E via the private and seasonal Horne's Ferry. At its northern end, the route connected with Highway 96 in Marysville a short distance west of the Wolfe Islander III ferry to Kingston. Today, it is known as Frontenac County Road 95.
Highway 95 was a short, two-lane highway that travelled in a generally north–south direction across the island. At its southern end at Point Alexandria, the route connected with New York State Route 12E at Cape Vincent via the private summer-operated Horne's Ferry. The route travelled west from there, sandwiched between Button Bay to the north and the Saint Lawrence River to the south. At Stevenson Lane, the route made a broad curve to the north. From there it crossed the island to Marysville, where it encountered Highway 96 and the summer ferry dock for the Wolfe Islander III. Unlike the private ferry service at the southern tip of the island, the Wolfe Islander III is operated by the Ministry of Transportation and can be used free of charge. Beside the ferry services, there is no other link between Wolfe Island and the mainland, making the two routes on the island the only King's Highways that were not connected to the rest of the network by a fixed link.
Highway 95 was established on July 25, 1934, when the Department of Highways assumed the road connecting Point Alexandria to Marysville and the Wolfe Island Ferry. At that time, it was the only highway on the island; Highway 96 was established the following year. The entire route was decommissioned on January 1, 1998. It was subsequently transferred to the municipality and designated as County Road 95.
|Marysville||11.4||7.1||Highway 96 (Main Street)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- "Appendix 4 - Schedule of Assumptions and Reversions". Annual Report (Report). Department of Highways. March 31, 1935. p. 119.
- Provincial Highways Distance Table. Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. 1989. p. 81. ISSN 0825-5350.
- Highway Transfers List - "Who Does What" (Report). Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. June 20, 2001. p. 5.
- Mapart (2010). Ontario Back Road Atlas (Map). Peter Heiler Ltd. p. 36. § E56–57. ISBN 978-1-55198-226-7.
- Ontario Road Map (Map). Cartography by Cartography Section. Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. 1990–91. § H15.
- Ontario Road Map (Map). Cartography by Cartography Section. Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. 1997.
- Ontario Road Map (Map). Cartography by C.P. Robins. Ontario Department of Highways. 1938–39. § S7.
- Canada Border Services Agency - Point Alexandria