Outline of land transport
The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to land transport:
Land transport – transport or movement of people, animals, and goods from one location to another on land, usually by railway or road, but also off-road.
- 1 What type of thing is land transport?
- 2 Types of land transport
- 3 Functions of land transport
- 4 History of land transport
- 5 Elements of land transport
- 6 Land transport publications
- 7 Persons influential in land transport
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
What type of thing is land transport?
Land transport can be described as all of the following:
- Transport – movement of humans, animals and goods from one location to another.
- Technology – all forms of land transport, except walking and running, are types of technology.
Types of land transport
- Human-powered transport
- Animal-powered transport
- Off-road transport
- Road transport
- Rail transport
Functions of land transport
History of land transport
- History of human-powered transport
- History of animal-powered transport
- History of road transport
- History of rail transport
Elements of land transport
Land transport infrastructure
- Rail transport infrastructure
- Road transport infrastructure
Land transport operations
- Rail transport operations
- Road transport operations
Land transport vehicles
- Rail vehicles – hook them together, and they make a train.
- Off-road vehicle
- Road vehicle