Oxford High School (Massachusetts)
|Oxford High School|
Oxford High School
100 Carbuncle Drive
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Oxford Public Schools|
|Principal||Mr. David Nugent|
|Color(s)||Orange and black|
|Website||Oxford High School|
Oxford High School is in Oxford, Massachusetts.
Oxford High offers three levels of courses to students: career, college preparatory, and honors, ensuring each student learns at their own pace. In addition Advanced Placement classes in biology, calculus AB, US history, and English literature are offered in a physical classroom setting with additional courses available in an online setting.
Oxford High School's graduation requirements are as follows: four years of English, Math and Physical Education, three years of Social Studies and Science, and two years of a world language, either Spanish or French.
Sports and extracurricular activities
Oxford High School is the home of the Oxford Pirates. Over the years budget cuts for have been an issue but, with the help of the students and the community, sports are still a part of the school. The school offers sports including cross country, football, soccer, golf, track, softball, baseball, basketball, field hockey, and a NJROTC program. The NJROTC program held national titles but has not competed nationally since 2008.
The school offers other extracurricular activities such as ski club, band, theater and chorus. Oxford High has a Gay-Straight Alliance, which focuses on acceptance for all members of the community. The Oxford High School Band is directed by Alton Baggett, an exceptionally talented musician and devoted teacher. Baggett is also in charge of the marching band which performs at every home football game at pregame and halftime.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-04-10. Retrieved 2017-04-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Administration - Oxford High School". Sites.google.com. Retrieved 6 March 2019.
- "Teacher Data (2017-18) - Oxford High (02260505)". Profiles.doe.mass.edu. Retrieved 6 March 2019.
- "Oxford High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 9, 2019.
- "Massachusetts Department Of Elementary And Secondary Education - 2017-18 SAT Performance Report - All Students Statewide Report". Profiles.doe.mass.edu. Retrieved 6 March 2019.