PDQ Food Stores
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The chain began as Tri Dairy Store in 1948 in Middleton, Wisconsin, opened by Sam Jacobsen. Originally the store carried only dairy products, but Jacobsen added other grocery products as time went on, and business improved. The second store didn't come along until 1962; the name PDQ, an acronym for "pretty darn quick" or "pretty damn quick", was a popular catch phrase in the post-World War II era, and the name was suggested by Jacobsen's wife Mary. The original store soon adopted the name as well.
As of January 2016, PDQ Food Stores numbered 34 locations. Most now sell gasoline, as is common with modern convenience stores. On May 1, 2009, PDQ Food Stores was sold to the employees and is now 100% employee owned. 
On July 19, 2017, Kwik Trip Stores signed an agreement to acquire the assets of PDQ Food Stores. The acquisition is scheduled to be completed in early October and Kwik Trip plans to remodel and re-image the existing PDQ banner in mid-2018.
- "Kwik Trip announces plan to buy PDQ Food Stores". nbc15.com. Jul 19, 2017.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|