Pakistan International School of Cairo
|Pakistan International School of Cairo|
المدرسة الباكستانية الدولية في القاهرة
قاہرہ پاکستان بین القوامی اسکول
29 Taha Hussein Street, Gezira Island
|Grades||Kindergarten to Class XII (HSSC)|
or CIE AS/A Level (GCE)
|Language||Urdu, English, Arabic, French|
Pakistan International School Cairo (Arabic: المدرسة الباكستانية الدولية في القاهرة, Urdu: قاہرہ پاکستان بین القوامی اسکول, abbreviated as PISOC) is a Pakistan International School located in Zamalek, Gezira Island in Cairo, Egypt. Established in 1982, the school serves students from age 3 (montessori) to age 18 (HSSC or IGCSE/AS/A level). The school is operated by the Embassy of Pakistan in Cairo.
Pakistan International School of Cairo opened in 1982. The school primarily sought to cater to the needs of children of the Pakistani community living in Cairo. However, in order to maintain the optimal teacher-student ratio in every class, the school opened its doors to the children of other expatriates. Pakistan International School of Cairo is operated by a Board of Governors, which is chaired by the Ambassador of Pakistan to Egypt. Every effort is made to select members of the board from different walks of life, to benefit from their experiences and ideas. Preference is given to the community but parent representatives are also welcomed.
The primary Curriculum in English, Maths and Science is affiliated with the University of Cambridge Primary Programme. Other subjects taken by the students are: Social Studies, Urdu/French/Arabic, Ethics/Islamic Studies, Physical Education, Art, Music.
The Secondary Curriculum in English, Maths and Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry) is also affiliated with the University of Cambridge Checkpoint Syllabi. Other subjects taken by the students are: History, Geography, General Studies (Year 7), Urdu/French/Arabic, Islamic Studies/Ethics, Physical Education, Art, Music, EBA (Economics, Business Studies, Accounting-Year 9)
Students of years 10,11 and 12 study for the IGCSE and GCE AS and A levels with mostly Cambridge and some Edexcel subjects.
Speech contests, tableau, singing, ballet, music, quiz, Art, Science and Social sciences Exhibitions and Sports are a regular features of the School Calendar. Study/excursion trips are also arranged under the supervision of the teachers.
- Inter House Competitions:
All students are assigned a house group at PISC and sporting events are held on the basis of inter-house competitions. The house with the most points at the end of the year is awarded a champions trophy.
- Sporting Activities
All classes have timetabled Physical Education lessons conducted both in the school premises and sometimes outside. Under the supervision of P.E. teachers, the students participate in the following games/sports:
- "Official public page at Facebook. Pakistan International School Cairo. Retrieved on January 12, 2017. "Taha Hussain Street, Zamalek,, Cairo, Egypt" - Map which shows location on Gezirah Island
- "Preamble." Pakistan International School Cairo. Retrieved on April 21, 2015.
- "Structure." Pakistan International School Cairo. Retrieved on April 21, 2015.
- "Contact Us." Pakistan International School Cairo. Retrieved on April 21, 2015. "12 Midan Tehran, Dokki, Cairo."
- Home. Pakistan International School of Cairo. 16 May 2014. Retrieved on 13 January 2017. "Latest News: Pakistan International School plans to start classes in its new premises at 6 October" (scrolling message in red)