|District||South 24 Parganas|
|• Total||1.33 km2 (0.51 sq mi)|
|Elevation||9 m (30 ft)|
|• Density||4,800/km2 (12,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||+91 33|
|Vehicle registration||WB-01 to WB-10, WB-19 to WB-22, WB-95 to WB-99|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jadavpur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Baruipur Paschim|
|Cities and towns in the southern part of Baruipur subdivision (including Baruipur, Jaynagar I & II, Kultali CD blocks) in South 24 Parganas district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town, R: rural/ urban centre, N: neighbourhood
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
Baruipur subdivision is a rural subdivision with moderate levels of urbanization. 31.05% of the population live in urban areas and 68.95% live in the rural areas. In the southern portion of the subdivision (shown in the map alongside) there are 20 census towns. The entire district is situated in the Ganges Delta and the southern part is covered by the Baruipur-Jaynagar Plain.
Note: The map alongside presents some of the notable locations in the subdivision. All places marked in the map are linked in the larger full screen map.
Panchghara is located at. It has an average elevation of 9 metres (30 ft).
Petua, Panchghara, Mallikpur and Hariharpur form a cluster of census towns in Baruipur CD block, as per map of Baruipur CD block in the District Census Handbook for South 24 Parganas.This cluster has Rajpur Sonarpur on the east and Bidyadharpur on the north, both in Sonarpur CD block, as per map of Sonarpur CD block in the District Census Handbook for South 24 Parganas.
As per the 2011 Census of India, Panchghara had a total population of 6,340, of which 3,230 (51%) were males and 3,110 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 852. The total number of literates in Panchghara was 3,964 (72.23% of the population over 6 years).
As per the District Census Handbook 2011, Panchghara covered an area of 1.3336 km2. Among the civic amenities, it had 8 km roads with open drains, the protected water supply involved tap water from treated and untreated sources. It had 2,470 domestic electric connections and 50 road light points. Among the medical facilities it had dispensary/ health centre 1 km away, family welfare centre 1 km away, maternity and child welfare centre 1 km away and 15 medicine shops in the town. Among the educational facilities It had were 3 primary schools.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 South Twety-four Parganas". Table 2.1 , 2.2, 2.4b. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Census of India 2011, West Bengal, District Census Handbook, South Twentyfour Parganas, Series – 20, Part XII-A, Village and Town Directory" (PDF). Page 13, Physiography. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "District Human Development Report: South 24 Parganas". Chapter 9: Sundarbans and the Remote Islanders, p 290-311. Development & Planning Department, Government of West Bengal, 2009. Archived from the original on 5 October 2016. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Census of India 2011, West Bengal, District Census Handbook, South Twentyfour Parganas, Series – 20, Part XII-A, Village and Town Directory" (PDF). Page 383 - Map of Baruipur CD block. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 7 November 2019.
- "Census of India 2011, West Bengal, District Census Handbook, South Twentyfour Parganas, Series – 20, Part XII-A, Village and Town Directory" (PDF). Page 259 - Map of Sonarpur CD block. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 7 November 2019.
- "CD block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 7 November 2019.
- "District Census Handbook South Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Section II Town Directory, Pages 999-1006 Statement I: Status and Growth History, Pages 1006-1010; Statement II: Physical Aspects and Location of Towns, Pages 1010-1015; Statement III: Civic and other Amenities, Pages 1015-1019; Statement IV: Medical Facilities 2009, Pages 1019-1027 Statement V: Educational, Recreational and Cultural Facilities, Pages 1027- 1029: Statement VI:Industry and Banking. Directorate of Census Operations V, West Bengal. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- "34792 Sealdah-Namkhana Local". Time Table. India Rail Info. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- Google maps
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|