Panskura Junction railway station
|Kolkata Suburban Railway station|
Panskura Junction railway station,
|Location||Panskura Station Road, Panskura,|
|Elevation||9 metres (30 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||South Eastern Railway|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Previous names||Bengal Nagpur Railway|
The Howrah-Kharagpur line was opened in 1900.
The Howrah-Kharagpur line was electrified in 1967-69. The Panskura-Haldia line was electrified in 1974-76.
There is a car shed of South Eastern Railway at Panskura.
Panskura Junction railway station has a beautiful park for children in the station area.
The major facilities available are First class and Second class Waiting rooms, running room, computerised reservation facility, Reservation Counter, Vehicle parking etc. There are tea stall, R.M.S. and Government Railway police(G.R.P) office. Automatic ticket vending machines are installed to reduce the queue for train tickets on the station
There are six platforms in Panskura Junction railway station . The platforms are interconnected with a foot over bridge(FOB). The ruins of the historic cities of Tamluk and Raghunathbari are approachable from Panskura Junction railway station.
- "Major events in formation of S.E.Railway". South Eastern Railway. Archived from the original on 1 April 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Haldia" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Sheds and Workshops". IRFCA. Retrieved 10 April 2013.